• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Field Jackets

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a field jacket. I recently bought a Woolrich, but I'm not crazy about the fit. Any suggestions?

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Orvis, Pendleton, LL Bean, Barbour

Orvis and Pendleton have pretty good geographic coverage so you could find one to try on first.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Engineered Garments

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got the LL Bean Signature field jacket. The construction seems great for the price. I tried on some stuff at Orvis and they were nice more than I wanted to pay. My only complaint with the LL Bean Signature is that the sleeves are unlined but I normally have a sweater on as well in the fall and winter so it's not that big of an issue to me.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.