• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Few questions about high-end suits

style_man

Reaction score
I recently realized that I'm lacking in really good suits. I have some money to spend, and I'd like to spend it on a suit that I can be proud of. I'm interested in buying two; one from Brioni and one from Tom Ford.

So, I want to ask, How much should I expect to pay for a bespoke suit from each? Is $6000 to $8000 a good estimate for a wool two piece? Also, I heard online somewhere that Brioni only makes bespoke suits if you visit their shop in Italy. Is this true? I have about three or four Brioni places nearby.

Thanks, excuse my ignorance.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by style_man
I recently realized that I'm lacking in really good suits. I have some money to spend, and I'd like to spend it on a suit that I can be proud of. I'm interested in buying two; one from Brioni and one from Tom Ford.

So, I want to ask, How much should I expect to pay for a bespoke suit from each? Is $6000 to $8000 a good estimate for a wool two piece? Also, I heard online somewhere that Brioni only makes bespoke suits if you visit their shop in Italy. Is this true? I have about three or four Brioni places nearby.

Thanks, excuse my ignorance.

Not sure on Brioni, but Tom Ford does not make bespoke suits, only MTM. The $8,000 estimate is probably about right. For that kind of money just go to Rubanacci, or Savile Row.

style_man

Reaction score
so Rubanacci and Savile Row do make bespoke, for around that price?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
sounds like you need to do a little more reading...

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
so Rubanacci and Savile Row do make bespoke, for around that price?

Yes, houses on Savile Row, not the brand "Savile Row" They are all different and it depends on the style and fit you prefer.

red dragon

Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

That is all.

style_man

Reaction score
I know, I'm no expert. I've looked for info online, but have had no luck.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I know, I'm no expert. I've looked for info online, but have had no luck.

There is a ton of information on this forum that can be of great use to help guide your decision. You can use the search to search for specifics, or even check it every day to see what people are discussing. Look at the pinned WAYWRN thread and see what people are wearing and try to determine what style of suit you like and then go from there.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will find all the advice you need on this forum if you search diligently and use your time not that of everyone else.

Saville Row is a generic term as your researches will tell you but you will easily get a suit made for that sort of money.

style_man

Reaction score
ok, thanks. I've been surviving on OTF cheap stuff for years, so I'm new to the world of quality, bespoke suits.

dpopat

Reaction score
ok, thanks. I've been surviving on OTF cheap stuff for years, so I'm new to the world of quality, bespoke suits.

While Bespoke is awesome, think about if you really need it for your work/party life/whatever you intend on using it. That's a lot of cash to drop on something that you may not necessarily need. Wanting it is another thing completely though.

style_man

Reaction score
eh, I've got everything else I need. No debt, a stable income. A couple years ago I started getting into mens' fashion. Before that I didn't care how I looked. So now I have some surplus money, and want to upgrade my suits.

heavyd

Reaction score
Tom Ford is very fashion forward stuff...

If I were going bespoke at $8,000 i'd go with a more traditional style that would stand the test of time.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your body shape is within normal range and you don't really care (or are able to appreciate) the bells and whistles of bespoked, then you are better off getting a good RTW or MTO suit rather than bespoke.

You save money and can get 2-3 good enough suits for 1 bespoke. There are quite a few threads on RTW suits on this forum as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads