• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferrari California

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the front a lot, very classic Ferrari. But the sides and the rear just have way too much going on. It's almost as if they are tryiing to capture all of the design cues from today's car design, retro, flame surfacing, stacked exhaust tips, raised tail, etc...

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2007_pontiac_solstice_gxp.jpg

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willsw
Is that a Honda? Sequels are never as good.

62_Ferrari_250_SWB_Ca_Spy2.jpg

If God drove a car, this is what he would drive......simply beautiful.

505t

Reaction score
Wrong time to implement such a design....too many undesirable cars sporting the same theme....

Hawkeye

Reaction score
2009-ferrari-california.jpg

It seems that news of the current economic crisis has yet to reach fans of the Prancing Horse -- despite daily reports of closing banks and tightening credit, the folks at Maranello are still enjoying a banner year, and worries that the new Ferrari California's presumed softness would hurt it in the marketplace appear to be unfounded as the retractable-hardtop GT is already sold out until 2011.

Currently on display at the Paris Motor Show, the California shares a platform with the Maserati GranTurismo and includes unusual (for a Ferrari) practicalities besides the aluminum folding roof, such as child-friendly rear seats, trunk space for two golf bags, the latest navigation and communications technology, and even a luggage pass-through -- all in the name of bringing buyers who are new to Ferrari into the fold. Some doubted whether this strategy would work, but president Luca di Montezemolo says the company has "already sold out the California's entire 2009 and 2010 production," and that a full 60% of the sports car's buyers have never purchased a Ferrari before.

Of course with features like a 460-hp, 4.3L V-8, a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, aluminum body panels, and carbon-ceramic brakes, the California is still a serious performance machine, and Ferrari plans to produce it with the same care it devotes to the rest of its lineup, building just 2500 - 2800 vehicles in 2009 and 3000 in 2010. However those unwilling to wait won't have much luck if they try switching to another model, either -- Ferrari sales are growing around the world, and Montezemolo expects "full-year results to set a new company record."

While Wall Street's woes have so far done little to temper Ferrari's buoyant mood, Montezemolo does note one new development emerging from the present financial crisis, namely a decline in orders from speculators. Saying "we had unacceptably long waiting lists caused by too many people who were not buying the car they ordered, but were reselling their order at a profit," the Ferrari president is glad to see waits get shorter as people stop selling their spots in line.

Despite economic pressures and rising gas prices, the California isn't the only high-end vehicle this year to beat the odds and rack up strong sales. However given that so many buyers are new to the Prancing Horse family, despite recent improvements some may get frustrated waiting more than two years for a return on their approximately $250,000 investment.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6305439/in...ars/index.html

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
I think it looks like a toyota solara.
I was thinking Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, especially those back wheel arches, definitely over designed.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
The Italian gods smote you all! It's lovely.

Compared to something like this anyway:

I agree, the rear end of the California looks somewhat off, but I'm sure it will be a dead gorgeous car in person.

....atleast exceedlingly classier than some of the current designs.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Living in Silicon Valley I expect to see one (or more) on the roads here following release. Will report back as to the "in person" looks when one (eventually) appears in my neck of the woods.

I too would like to see it in person but at first glance think it will grow on the detractors. I like it.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Girardian
Living in Silicon Valley I expect to see one (or more) on the roads here following release. Will report back as to the "in person" looks when one (eventually) appears in my neck of the woods.

I too would like to see it in person but at first glance think it will grow on the detractors. I like it.

Heh, as with any Ferrari, once you see it in person, it's hard to say it's anything but spectacular. The stacked exhausts are ugly in person just as they are in photos, but they're a little harder to notice since the car sits low. Although, if the car was black, instead of rosso corsa or blue, I could see them being even harder to notice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads