Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ferrari 458 photos unveiled

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Connemara, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Touche. I am embarrassed. [​IMG] Not quite sure how I never noticed that before.

edit - cool image in your link.

Probably didn't notice it on the F40, because the triple pipes are subdued, being dark in color and recessed a bit, as opposed to the shiny bling-bling chrome standouts of the F458.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

meh - looks a little too girly IMO

IMO that's the California

3. javyn

javyn Senior member

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Probably didn't notice it on the F40, because the triple pipes are subdued, being dark in color and recessed a bit, as opposed to the shiny bling-bling chrome standouts of the F458.

Yes, the first thing I think of when I think of the F40 is "subdued." [​IMG]

5. DNW

DNW Senior member

The 458 does have bigger pipes.

6. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

The exhaust tips are... the rest of the car isn't. [​IMG]

7. emmanuel

emmanuel Senior member

I like the f-430 more... It looks more aggressive with sharper lines. Its interesting to me that Ferrari has a way of not making its past models seem old and irrelevant. The Ferrari 360 and F-430 will still look beautiful even after this car comes out. I usually have no interest at all in an older model after its successor is released but not with Ferrari. On another note, Im not crazy with the direction ferrari is headed. I am not that impressed with the california and this car isnt bad but the design is a step down from the car its replacing. It also seems like Ferrari is doing away with dual tail lights... bad move! The car some what resembles the Saleen S5 Raptor concept which I like more: http://www.tuningnews.net/news/08032...ptor-hr-02.jpg

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I like the f-430 more... It looks more aggressive with sharper lines. Its interesting to me that Ferrari has a way of not making its past models seem old and irrelevant. The Ferrari 360 and F-430 will still look beautiful even after this car comes out. I usually have no interest at all in an older model after its successor is released but not with Ferrari.

Agreed.

9. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

I like the f-430 more... It looks more aggressive with sharper lines. Its interesting to me that Ferrari has a way of not making its past models seem old and irrelevant. The Ferrari 360 and F-430 will still look beautiful even after this car comes out. I usually have no interest at all in an older model after its successor is released but not with Ferrari. On another note, Im not crazy with the direction ferrari is headed. I am not that impressed with the california and this car isnt bad but the design is a step down from the car its replacing. It also seems like Ferrari is doing away with dual tail lights... bad move! The car some what resembles the Saleen S5 Raptor concept which I like more: http://www.tuningnews.net/news/08032...ptor-hr-02.jpg
    I love the Raptor, but I wasn't aware whether there were still plans to build it, following Steve Salleens split from the company, it would definately be a nice consideration, given the fact the S7 always seemed a little too garish and expensive. ...as for the 458, I find it quite sexy and exciting. I wouldn't mind one magically appearing in my garage.

10. Kai

Kai Senior member

12.5:1 compression ratio????

How can they do that on 91 octane gas? Must be some serious magic going on in those combustion chambers.

11. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

meh, Its kinda boring looking

12. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Senior member

Not bad looking per se, but doesn't really look like a Ferrari. Give me an F40!

Triple exhaust seems odd...would like to see how they managed to incorporate that.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

13. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

Reminds me of a Dino and a P4/5. I like.

It'd look great in a dark grey with red leather interior.

14. dave

dave Senior member

those odd little air intake grills next to the headlights are awful. in fact, the whole front end has a sort of "Is that a bee on my nose?" quality to it that i don't like.

15. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider