• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferragamo Tremezza Question

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Stopped by Lenox to visit the Ferragamo store last night...noticed they had some Tremezza shoes for around $650. I had previously done a MTM type shoe in this line for around $800 a few years back which I love.

At this price point am I at handgrade type quality or are the Tremezzas only good in MTM form?

Seems $650 isn't too bad for the quality and they were fairly stylish...

I'm looking for something business like with some flair and good quality and comfort and well below $1,000.

I'm not sure if we have C&J available in Atlanta or not.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the general consensus is that Tramezzas are close to C&J Handgrades in quality but not having a pair of either disqualifies me from speaking with authority. I have seen examples of both, and by coincidence, in recent times only the whole cut C&J (Weymouth) and wholecut Tramezza (Nostro) have made me pause and think what damn nice shoes they were.

The other thing people say is that Tramezzas should not really be bought at retail except for the most popular models (Nostro etc). Unfortunately these latter models are usually never found discounted, whilst the others generally go for 250-350 on ebay/online if you wait around.

I am expecting my first pair of Tramezzas (nonNostro) and am looking at the Weymouths....

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tramezzas are at least equal the quality to C&J Hnadgrades ( I like the leather of the Tramezzas better, but I like the C&J soles better). Anyway, if you are not ebay shy, you can pick up a pair or no more than $350. Also, Saks is having a sale and I picked up a pait of boots there. Here is a pic of my Tramezzas. Both together cost me less than the $650 you quote.

KIF_2214.jpg

The first ones are Zegna, just included them because I love them!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Tramezzas are at least equal the quality to C&J Hnadgrades ( I like the leather of the Tramezzas better, but I like the C&J soles better). Anyway, if you are not ebay shy, you can pick up a pair or no more than $350. Also, Saks is having a sale and I picked up a pait of boots there. Here is a pic of my Tramezzas. Both together cost me less than the $650 you quote. The first ones are Zegna, just included them because I love them!
I've been a longtime advocate of Tramezzas and also believe they are slightly higher quality than C&J handgrades (I own 4 pairs of Tramezzas and one C&J handgrade purchased from Ralph Lauren). I think construction quality and leather is slightly better. Ed, if you keep posting that picture, I'm going to take off early from work to visit Saks and see what they have in my size!! Edit: In the spirit of helpfulness, you can order C&J handgrades from www.plal.com for approximately $400 US.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Anyway, if you are not ebay shy, you can pick up a pair or no more than $350.
I will look into that. Not ebay shy at all.

I appreciate the comments. It's great finding a forum with such knowledgeable members.

In the spirit of helpfulness, you can order C&J handgrades from www.plal.com for approximately $400 US.
Very helpful. Thanks again!
smile.gif

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where, where???? I'm looking on ebay and I can't see a thing!!

Ended for $60. Possibly worn a few times, but unable to tell. The seller was fairly new and seems to have taken photos with a camera phone. He did, however, confirm that they were Tramezza's. Had I not bought a very similar (but much nicer IMHO) pair on Ebay a few months ago I would have picked them up.

25_1.JPG

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edmorel or odoreater,
what's the fit like on the tramezza monk with the toe medallion? i am thinking about buying a pair. 1/2 my ferragamos are sz 9 and 1/2 are sz 9.5.
thanks

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by philosophe
edmorel or odoreater,
what's the fit like on the tramezza monk with the toe medallion? i am thinking about buying a pair. 1/2 my ferragamos are sz 9 and 1/2 are sz 9.5.
thanks

I wear a 10.5 and find that the Tramezzas fit me perfectly in a 10.5.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find Tramezza shoes to be really narrow. IMO, Tramezza's EE width is equal to D width in English shoes.

I am finding it hard to believe that people think Tramezza's quality is better than CJ handgrade. I think CJ's sole construction is better than Tramezza's.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that Ferragamos tend to run narrow overall. I wear 9 or 9.5B. I swim in, for example, an Allen Edmonds 9B.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 10.5 and find that the Tramezzas fit me perfectly in a 10.5.

Ditto. I wear a 10.5 in AE, and a UK 10 in C&J. As far as widths, I wear an F or G in English shoes (depending on the last and what's available) and an EEE in AE (though I can get away with an E if I stretch the right shoe slightly) and an 10.5EE in Tramezza fits me fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads