• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferragamo Tramezzas - will 10EE fit my 10D feet?

tradernick

Reaction score
Okay, I have a chance to buy a pair of Tramezzas exactly like these from an SF member

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=80438

My feet are 10D. As some of you know I have been buying a lot of shoes online, many from here. When they arrive, I oocasionally have to put an insole in them to snug them up a bit.

The Tramezzas I can get are 10EE. Now, I have heard how Tramezzas fit narrow. Can any of you guys chime in and tell me whether these shoes have a chance of fitting me? I am probably going to get a good deal on them so I can always turn them around and not lose too much but I am just wondering if I should even give it a try. One width up I can see, but 2?

I'm hoping that if they actually fit a bit narrow, then they will be the equivalent of the type of shoes I need to put an insole in anyhow, and that I can make it work.

(Is it glaringly obvious that I want to just go for it?)

Any comments are appreciated.

Nick

satorstyle

Reaction score
I have several pair of Tramezza's. I'm a true C width all my Tramezza's are D width except 1 pair that are C's. They fit nicely on my size C foot. Going up two sizes may be a stretch. If the price is too good to be true, maybe buy them try them. You could always resell them.

tradernick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by satorstyle
I have several pair of Tramezza's. I'm a true C width all my Tramezza's are D width except 1 pair that are C's. They fit nicely on my size C foot. Going up two sizes may be a stretch

Okay s-style, thanks. Darn, I was hoping for the unequivocal green light from the first respondent, but as you say I can always turn them around again. Who knows, my mileage may vary.

jjjohn

Reaction score
It should be OK. It was just one size wide. EU size E = US size D.

tradernick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjjohn

Aha!! Ok, that is very encouraging, thanks jjjohn.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My advice is TRY ON or make sure they are returnable. All tramezza are made on the same last... so you can try any pair if you have access to a Nieman Marcus or Feraggamo store. I wear a 9D in AE and an 8EE in Tramezza. They are very good fit, but I never would have picked that size without trying them on.

shoeme

Reaction score
I too am a 10D and consistently find going up a whole size or going wide in the same size works great with Tramezzas. 10EE should work great.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
All tramezza are made on the same last... so you can try any pair if you have access to a Nieman Marcus or Feraggamo store.

Really?
I find that a bit surprising, as I have four pairs (three 10D and one 10EE) and they vary in shape considerably. One is both longer and narrower than the other three, one has a more rounded toe and is a little wider than the other two "D" width shoes, and one is fairly short - in other words, some considerable differences for shoes that are ostensibly the same size on the "same last".

It's really difficult to comment with any authority as to whether a Tramezza 10EE will fit you well as people's feet are so different. In my particular pair of 10EEs, I was quite surprised by how wide they felt, particularly as the 10Ds are quite narrow. However, I find that if I wear them with a pair of thin, woollen socks, the 10EE pair fits me very well.

tradernick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon
My advice is TRY ON or make sure they are returnable. All tramezza are made on the same last... so you can try any pair if you have access to a Nieman Marcus or Feraggamo store. I wear a 9D in AE and an 8EE in Tramezza. They are very good fit, but I never would have picked that size without trying them on.

I’ll have to figure out where they are up here in Toronto. I know that Holt Renfrew carries Ferragamo. I may have to put up with a few raised eyebrows in the store when I ask to try on a pair of EE and the guy tells me ‘no way, you’re not an EE’ and I say ‘I don’t care, I want to try them on anyhow’.

Originally Posted by shoeme
I too am a 10D and consistently find going up a whole size or going wide in the same size works great with Tramezzas. 10EE should work great.

Here’s hoping…

Originally Posted by Journeyman
It's really difficult to comment with any authority as to whether a Tramezza 10EE will fit you well as people's feet are so different. In my particular pair of 10EEs, I was quite surprised by how wide they felt, particularly as the 10Ds are quite narrow. However, I find that if I wear them with a pair of thin, woolen socks, the 10EE pair fits me very well.

Yes, in the end, I suppose it’s hard for you guys to say one way or another. One thing I have noticed, being new to the world of very nice shoes, is that I seem to be able to take almost ½ size less in these high-end dress shoes than I do in sneakers. I have always just automatically said ‘10’ when a shoe salesman asks me what size I want. However, a few of the size 10 in AE, Ferragamo, etc. have been pretty roomy. Having said that, I can easily fix the problem with a pair of insoles, to the point where the shoes feel perfect (blasphemous for some of you, I'm sure).

In any case, they are paid for and will arrive in a while. I got a good deal on them so if they don’t fit, I will be able to flip them pretty fast; another identical pair on here went within 48 hours.

Thanks for the comments

satorstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjjohn

A double E would not be 1 size up it would be 2 sizes larger. I don't think Ferragamo unless they were purchased outside of the US list the EU sizing.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Really? I find that a bit surprising, as I have four pairs (three 10D and one 10EE) and they vary in shape considerably. One is both longer and narrower than the other three, one has a more rounded toe and is a little wider than the other two "D" width shoes, and one is fairly short - in other words, some considerable differences for shoes that are ostensibly the same size on the "same last". It's really difficult to comment with any authority as to whether a Tramezza 10EE will fit you well as people's feet are so different. In my particular pair of 10EEs, I was quite surprised by how wide they felt, particularly as the 10Ds are quite narrow. However, I find that if I wear them with a pair of thin, woollen socks, the 10EE pair fits me very well.
There may be a slight difference if they were made years apart.... but what I was told on a recent trip to the Ferragamo store on Michigan Ave that all current models are on the same last. As are, I believe, all MTO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads