Ferragamo Tramezza on eBay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by te3kay, Aug 7, 2011.

1. te3kay

te3kay New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm looking a buy a new brown shoes.. found these on eBay. Can anyone offer me some advice/suggestions on whether they'll be worth $200 ~ $250? I'm really not familiar with dress shoes at all, and I can't tell how much wear the shoes have by looking at the bottom of the soles and etc. (I'm a 26 year old looking for slimmer/not-bulky brown dress shoes)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

You can do better for your money. Depending on where you live, I saw several pairs of Santoni at my local Nordstrom rack, where the finishing and leather are far better than that of Ferragamo.

Others may disagree, but I find Ferragamo to be absolute crap. Even the higher divisions of the company.

3. peach

peach Active Member

that's the price i have paid several times for new tramezza shoes on ebay and elsewhere.

4. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Tramezza's leather is better than regular Santoni, my experience goes wise.

5. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

I have a few pairs and I find Tramezza shoes are better than most shoes that retail for less than $1000. You can't begin to compare Tramezza with Ferragamo's other lines. It's been a long time ( few years) since seeing high end Santoni's at the Rack. Tramezza and Bally Scribes are the 2 most underrated shoes on SF.

6. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

I haven't read the whole thread but this guy is full of shit for half a dozen different reasons.

Tramezza for under 300 is very reasonable if you like the style.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  7. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Senior member

From what I have seen of Tremezza, which admittedly is a small sample size, the construction and leather was average at best. I will defer to you with more experience on the matter. Monty - my local Rack had several pairs of the hand made Santoni, fatto a mano, for sale last week.

8. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

I looked at the ebay listing - I'd be happy to own those shoes for under $300. The shape is good - the toe is very well shaped. The leather finish is not the most exquisite I've ever seen - but for a price comparible to a pair of Allen Edmunds this a much superior choice. IMO

9. singlechange

singlechange Senior member

I too looked at the ebay shoes the op is looking to buy. I will say that the shoes look like it hasn't been worn that much at all. Also the heel and toe have been protected from wear so that's a good sign. If I were looking for a pair of brown blucher style shoes I'd certainly give this one my serious consideration. Also the ebay seller is wellknown here on the forum I believe.
    Now having said that, if I were the op and new to dress shoes and looking to spend about $250.00 for my first pair I think I'd try something brand new from makers Alfred Sargent, Tricker's, Grenson's, Gravati's and Testoni's which can be found on ebay. I don't know how tough it's to find them in the U.S. size 8 though. I'd go this way because shoe size and fit is quite tricky and I'd want to make sure I could return them easily.

10. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

The seller is accepting offers, so you might want to make a reasonable offer below his asking price. If you can get this shoe in the $225 range, I think you've made a very good purchase. I've owned several pairs of Tramezzas and been very happy with the materials and workmanship in all of them. I've dealt with Distinctive in the past. He is also a member here and very well thought of.

11. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    +1

12. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Santoni just put FAM randomly on their shoes now a day, though I love their Limtied Edition stuff, just not seen in the US very often (definitely not Nordstrom)

13. NORE

NORE Senior member

At that price point I would look for something brand new.

14. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

I have the same pair in black - the model is called Fiorano.

The style is a little fashion forward, although I like it, and the model is also fairly narrow.

If I remember correctly, I paid about $270 for mine, which were very lightly used at the time. I probably overpaid a little, particularly the StyleForum tendency to want to pay bottom dollar for almost everything!

It really depends on what you want - there's no point people saying "You can buy a brand new pair of Allen-Edmonds for that price" if the person in question doesn't like the style of Allen-Edmonds shoes. If he likes the style, then it's not a bad price for a quality pair of shoes that aren't often seen for sale nowadays.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  15. Akeem

Akeem Senior member

I had a pair of tramezza's and they were pretty good quality, but for $200+ I would want a new pair of shoes. There are many options in that price range for quality brown shoes. Look through SF and you'll find threads on sargent/peal/c&j/grenson all in that range.