• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferragamo shoes recrafting

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
Does Ferragamo offer recrafting service for its Tramezza line shoes?

Not according to the people at the Beverly Hill's store...who didn't know the difference between the Tramezza and regular lines aside from the price. I'd be very pleased to learn that Ferragamo recrafting exists.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that the answer is No. I asked the staff in the Vancouver Ferragamo store (their flagship store in Canada) about this once, and they told me that they send any recrafting-type work to a particular cobbler in Vancouver. (For the Vancouver guys on this forum, that is Parson's Shoe Repair; Denise at Parson's used to work for Ferragamo.) At that time, they had no corporate-sponsored recrafting program of the kind that Allen-Edmonds, Crockett & Jones, Edward Green, and some others do.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can the average local cobbler do a good job approximating the beveled sole on the Tramezzas? Or are you likely to end up with a "regular" sole?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the Tramezza line. I took in a pair of regular line Ferragamos (from before I knew better) that needed resoling and they obviously outsourced the job to a local cobbler. If the Ferragamo store accepts your shoes, I would make sure that they aren't going to turn the local cobbler loose on your shoes.

Dodgeful Artist

Reaction score
To kickstart this thread back into action (after 11.5 years!), I was wondering if anybody has any experience getting SFs (particularly Tramezzas) recrafted in the Toronto area. I have an excellent local cobbler that I would trust (and have trusted) with my best shoes, but the appeal for me in sending the shoes back to Ferragamo would be getting those fancy Tramezza soles replaced anew - this would be as opposed to some other brand of replacement soles (and yes, I know that there are some highly quality "aftermarket" leather soles out there).

Dodgeful Artist

Reaction score
To follow up with my previous post on this thread, I just conducted quick searches of the Ferragamo website for "recraft" and "repair". Results across both searches = 0.

IChen

Reaction score
To follow up with my previous post on this thread, I just conducted quick searches of the Ferragamo website for "recraft" and "repair". Results across both searches = 0.

You’d have to special ask that when you bring to a store. Will take a while. They will just slap on a normal leather sole. Which is fine unless you just wanted that metal plate on some of the shoes kept there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads