• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ferragamo shoe question

Frank Bullitt

Reaction score
Due to my wide feet I'm forced to wear Allen Edmonds or F and G widths from shoes made in UK. I bought a pair of Ferragamo's yesterday (Diego, brown suede, in EE) and the width is fine but they are tight across the top of the foot - I've never had a pair of shoes be tight in this area while the width is fine - do you think this will stretch a bit? (it's the area under the Farragamo buckle)

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they are that bad, you might want to take them to a cobbler and ask them to stretch that part of the shoe slightly.

yawn123_#21

Reaction score
Ferragamo shoes don't stretch, your instep is too wide or too high. better to get a different shoe, that has a wider or higher instep, or skip mocs and look for shoes with laces.

Frank Bullitt

Reaction score
they are really close to fitting well after having a shoe tree in them for 24 hours...I think I may endure - I got such a good deal (they were 50% off plus I had a gift card for $75)....

trareg09

Reaction score
The Diego may stretch over time. Based on my experiences with Ferragamo, those that have a slight tightness will stretch over a period of 3-4 wears. If you have a wide foot, you may do better with Ferragamo deerskin shoes or his laced shoes. Stay away from the narrower cuts.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ferragamos generally run narrow. If the shoes don't stretch with wear, take them to a shoe repair shop for a professional stretching.

Frank Bullitt

Reaction score
Thank you - I'm going to wear them and make them work - I think they'll be alright - thanks for your input - I've wanted a pair of these for a while and 12/26 was a great day to buy a pair at the Ferragamo store at South Coast....My closet is full of Allen Edmonds shoe boxes, except for a pair of Loakes and Alfred Sargents, that's all I have - I really wanted something different...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40