Ferragamo, differnt types, value?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by delusions, Oct 24, 2003.

1. delusions

delusions Member

I was wondering how the rest of you would rank Ferragamo's? Are they worth the price tag, or am i better off going with something else? Also, what are the differnet lines that Ferragmo has? I read in a recent post about: Ferragamo Studio Regular Ferragamo with a Lavorazione Originale Tramezza Ferragamos How would you rank their quality? thanks guys, Patrick

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Studio is the lowest of the Ferragamo lines. They're thoroughly unimpressive shoes and aren't really a good value.

Lavorazione Originale is the regular Ferragamo line. Most of the shoes are either Blake- or Bologna-constructed (mostly Blake). I've bought shoes from this line before, and I've found them to be fairly comfortable and well-constructed. There are usually some interesting models each season. I can't really say that you can't get nicer shoes for the price (around $400 per pair retail), but I don't think that these shoes are rip-offs.

Tramezza is the highest Ferragamo line. These shoes have more handwork than the Lavorazione Originale shoes, and there are usually some wonderful models. I particularly like the light tan suede wingtip Bals from last season and the chocolate suede semibrogue Bals from this season. These are very nice shoes.