1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Feit Sneakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Manny Calavera, May 29, 2006.

1. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Anyone familiar with Feit? I saw some at Barney's in March but I wasn't really interested in shoes at the time (I'm very narrow focused, I move from obsession to obsession). I couldn't find a homepage, but found a good view of a selection of designs here: http://www.fixins.com/feit/ . Some of the designs are a good alternative to Chucks and the like for a high-end alternative. This is all based on looks however, as I've never handled a pair. So what do you guys think? Anyone have additional info. or know anything about the quality?

2. jpgm

jpgm Senior member

the quality is A-1. they're great shoes, but they run at about $AU250 here. they are a lot chunkier than chucks.

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I think they lack the classic simplicity of Chucks.

4. Metal Circus

Metal Circus Senior member

Those look exactly like the huge skate shoes my mom wouldn't buy me in 6th grade. I don't see the comparison to Chucks at all.

5. minya

minya Senior member

They look nothing like Chucks. If anything, they're descendants of the Stan Smith. They're very nicely made, and I believe they're made in the USA or Britain or some other first-world country (which is their main selling point).

I like the aesthetic, and the design principles, but I don't like the current styles. Too chunky and bland skate-ish.

6. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

i liked them until i tried them on. they look funny to me on feet. and i didn't find the construction amazing or anything either.

7. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Hm...don't like the fact that they're chunky. I was making the comparison to Chucks as a basic template, not a revision. I agree though, they do resemble Stan Smiths. Also, they're made in Australia. I'll have to hunt down some more info. Still don't think I'd get a pair unless I found them on sale.

8. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

Feits come highly reccomended by sneakerheads in the know, but I don't know enough about them to suggest or pan them.

9. Webbiegetsizer

Webbiegetsizer New Member

did u ever buy the feit shoes?