• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feit Handmade Shoes and Sneakers

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
Some interesting models, haven't heard much about them. Anyone have any experience with them, quality justify the price?

http://www.feitdirect.com/shop/pages/About.html

SUPERCLEAN-LO-TOSCANO-NATURAL-01-web__64750_thumb.jpg

SUPERCLEAN-LO-TOSCANO-NATURAL-02-web__47543_std.jpg

SUPERCLEAN-HI-TOSCANO-CHOC-01-web__71888_thumb.jpg

SUPERCLEAN-HI-TOSCANO-CHOC-02-web__64611_std.jpg

STITCHDOWN-TOSCANO-BLACK-01_whitesole__92885_thumb.jpg

feit-spring-2012-hand-sewn-reconnaissance-collection-goodyear-2.jpg

feit-spring-2012-hand-sewn-reconnaissance-collection-goodyear-1.jpg

Last edited:

Rompson

Reaction score
Man the leather sole on the sneakers looks fuckin weird. :confused:

Orphan

Reaction score
I think most of their range is quite ugly but I really like the SuperClean's. I bought a pair of the brown kangaroo leather high's pictured below. Overall I loved them but they were too narrow for my feet so I returned them :( I think I paid around $220ish, for that price (if they fit you well) I think they are worth it but their usual $300 list price is a bit too much imo. Quality is good and the materials are great. I do question where they are made as a their website seems to make out that they have a few shoe makers in their shop in Australia but other things I have read appear to point to outsourcing a lot of the production to Vietnam or China. I don't really care where something is made as long as it is quality but its a bit easier to justify the price when its made in a country with higher labor costs.

omgcookielol

Reaction score
I own 3 pairs of their sneakers. 1 white french calfskin superclean, 1 black waxed kudu superclean, 1 black kudu pntha hi.
Can't compare them to MMMs or CPs - I don't own a pair. :p
Shoes are super breathable, and I'm a big fan of the insoles they have for the shoes- they converted me to wearing them sockless. The french calfskin's unbelievably thin, but have handled all the abuse I've put them through in the half year or so. Definitely my go-to sneakers now. The kudu's amazing too, with an incredibly plush underside. I've found it to be pretty thick and substantial, so its been a hard process of trying to get them worn in... still working on that.

Sizing's true to size. The soles on the supercleans are pretty flat, but those on the PNTHA HIs are much more comfortable.Lack of panels give them a blob-like appearance out of the box, but they mold to the shape of your feet pretty quickly. Molding and wear also brings out lines caused by the calfskin lining around the ankle and heel cap (... or they come that way. I'm not sure, now that I think about it.)

http://imgur.com/ONpXI.jpg

http://imgur.com/yPYEf.jpg

Made by cobblers in China, I think. Pretty sure they dont try to hide this, because I've seen it brought up on their site and their workers (i think they say one individual artisan works on the shoe) have signed their name underneath the tongue of each of my sneakers. Oh, and I was kinda disappointed about the leather/whatever's on the soles for their veg tan sneaker models (I wanted a black veg tan high top) but oh well.

Last edited:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I own 3 pairs of their sneakers. 1 white french calfskin superclean, 1 black waxed kudu superclean, 1 black kudu pntha hi.
Can't compare them to MMMs or CPs - I don't own a pair. :p
Shoes are super breathable, and I'm a big fan of the insoles they have for the shoes- they converted me to wearing them sockless. The french calfskin's unbelievably thin, but have handled all the abuse I've put them through in the half year or so. Definitely my go-to sneakers now. The kudu's amazing too, with an incredibly plush underside. I've found it to be pretty thick and substantial, so its been a hard process of trying to get them worn in... still working on that.
Sizing's true to size. The soles on the supercleans are pretty flat, but those on the PNTHA HIs are much more comfortable.Lack of panels give them a blob-like appearance out of the box, but they mold to the shape of your feet pretty quickly. Molding and wear also brings out lines caused by the calfskin lining around the ankle and heel cap (... or they come that way. I'm not sure, now that I think about it.)
http://imgur.com/ONpXI.jpg
http://imgur.com/yPYEf.jpg
Made by cobblers in China, I think. Pretty sure they dont try to hide this, because I've seen it brought up on their site and their workers (i think they say one individual artisan works on the shoe) have signed their name underneath the tongue of each of my sneakers. Oh, and I was kinda disappointed about the leather/whatever's on the soles for their veg tan sneaker models (I wanted a black veg tan high top) but oh well.

those supacleans look cool. nice

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased FEIT shoes recently? I have a couple pairs of hikers that I bought a few years ago that have been some of my favorite shoes. A pair I bought recently (and returned) were in terrible condition, covered in dings from the production. I'm just curious if this is a fluke, or a sign of declining quality.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Zizzou, yes I recently purchased another pair of Hikers and a pair of Chelseas - quality was the usual high standards.

What style did you purchases that you had to return?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were wool hikers. I was amazed by the poor quality.

IMG_5541.jpg
IMG_5547.jpg
IMG_5542.jpg

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Zizzou, I picked up the same black hikers in the Sale from Mr Porter UK. There were no issues like that with mine. Those nicks in the leather would of been in the hide before the boot was made up IMO so it shouldn't of got through. Last year I purchased the same boots from Mr. P in the army brown colour and one of the boots had that hole missing which you see in photo #1. I sent them back to Mr. P and they refunded me, I thought they would send them back to FEIT to be corrected. 6 weeks later they came back in stock and I purchased them again and the hole was still there! Sent them back again for a refund. I ended up buying them in Sale but they were clearly a different pair. One comment I'd make about the brown leather was the colour was a little uneven - I believe they use natural pigments for dying the leather so I assume it is to be expected - once I'd treated them with Skidmore's leather cream the colour evened up.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems pretty clear that the dings were from production. There are several vertical “pulls” from the lasting process, and there even seems to be an imprint of a cobbler’s hammer on the heel of the upper.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I own two pairs of the slippers because I find them very comfortable and think the shape looks good

But the quality is poor as is the customer service
And they are extremely overpriced

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received another pair of the wool hikers directly from FEIT today, and they were just as dinged up as the pair from MrP. Seems the quality is declining compared to the two older pairs I own. Sad to see, but I imagine one guy can only produce a certain number of shoes without having to rush...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads