• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feeling right before ordering a bespoke commission

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least for me. Even more so when I'm trying to do something "unique".

1947+-+The+Diving+Board+-+by+Norman+Rockwell.jpg

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My feeling: Well ... that's settled. Now I can put it out of mind for a few months.

* I am assuming that by just before ... you mean that all the decisions are made and the only act remaining is pulling the trigger, "That's it. Make it up."

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod

1947+-+The+Diving+Board+-+by+Norman+Rockwell.jpg

This is the feeling I get right before getting a tattoo. Like once the stencil's on but right before the needle hits the skin.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
This is the feeling I get right before getting a tattoo. Like once the stencil's on but right before the needle hits the skin.
I felt that way before I got a piercing.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes pulling the trigger has always been tough for me. There is always some uncertainty as to how things will turn out.

Steven Spielberg's version of this Norman Rockwell painting is currently on display at the smithsonian. In an interview Spielberg mentions that he bought this painting because he feels like this kid right before he commits to directing a movie. For Schindler's list he sat on the edge for 11 years.

Granted, worst thing that could happen to me would be to loose a few thousand dollars. Spielberg stands to loose hundreds of millions but it is probably someone else's money.
lol8[1].gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI

Tattoes must be quite addictive for people in general and ocd guys like us...

It is like getting a new suit...

As soon as I order one ,I automatically want the next one...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Tattoes must be quite addictive for people in general and ocd guys like us...

It is like getting a new suit...

As soon as I order one ,I automatically want the next one...

Pretty much.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too much sharing.
wink.gif

Don't believe everthing I say (write). Yes ... still too much sharing.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
havent done bespoke yet only mtm but i had that feeling deciding which swatch i would go with on my first mtm. but once i pulled the trigger it was more like this

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

]

Yes pulling the trigger has always been tough for me. There is always some uncertainty as to how things will turn out.

Bespoke 101:

-don't go crazy with "unique". newbie have a tendency to want to customize EVERYTHING simply because they can. DON"T do that.

-first time at bespoke should be with a very reputable outfit with known housestyle.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Bespoke 101:

-don't go crazy with "unique". newbie have a tendency to want to customize EVERYTHING simply because they can. DON"T do that.

-first time at bespoke should be with a very reputable outfit with known housestyle.

My first bespoke order I specified as follows:

Cloth Selection
Single Breasted

Of course, that order predated style forum ... so I was not pressured to specify more.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I look forward to getting new things to wear, so I don't get worried or anxious about it. I trust my tailor enough that I know I'll get good use out of whatever I get, even it doesn't turn out quite as I envisage it in my mind's eye. Before finalising the order, though, I do get quite (very!) fussy about choosing the fabric, lining, details, etc, that I like the sound/feel of. But once it's ordered, it's ordered.
smile.gif
I find the whole process enjoyable, to be honest.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is how I feel before MTM.

south-park-i-just-came-500x375.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads