• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feedback Please: 21oz Indigo-Dyed Sashiko Tote Bag

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Epaulet 21oz Sashiko Tote Bag Project

Hey guys! So, we're in the final stages of sewing for these bags, and I made a few executive decisions...

1) We added a hanging interior pocket which can hold keys and a phone.

2) We're moving the Epaulet label to the inside on all bags. I think that everyone's gong to be happier with that.

3) We've put a stitched fold into the bottom corners so that it can be rested more easily on the ground.

4) I'll add an option to order the bag in natural. It looks cool, but you'll have to note that it's going to be a lot bigger (I'll put exact measurements, but it's about 2.5" in both directions) and the fabric might have small marks or discoloration on it. This is deadstock cloth and it's being made on really rugged denim machines, so I can't guarantee that it's going to be perfectly off-white. For the dyed colors, this obvs doesn't matter.

The good part is that you can see the rad selvedge line of this cloth.

5) We'll probably have some stock units to sell after the project closes, but they'll only be Azure and Shadow Ink (our best sellers). And they'll be $135. So if you want a bag in Army, Merlot, Mink, Magenta, or Natural.. doing the preorder is going to be the only way.

IMG_8211.JPG
IMG_8212.JPG
IMG_8213.JPG

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our totebags finish sewing on Monday and go into dye promptly on Tuesday. We've made a few very important running changes to the project:

1) You can now order the tote in Undyed Natural Sashiko. It's a gorgeous off-white tone and you can see the colored selvedge detail inside.

2) A hanging interior pocket, folded bottom corners, and a hidden top snap closure will be added to all of the bags

3) The woven Epaulet logo has been moved inside

About 40 bags remain! Place your order now to get your choice of color, save $40 off the retail, and ensure that you receive one of the coolest heavyweight bags ever made! Please note that any stock items will only be offered in Natural, Azure, and Shadow Grey. The other colors are strictly available via this preorder.

pocket.jpg
Snap.jpg
corners.jpg
Undyed Main.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, it really is the last call for the Tote Bags. Picking them up and bringing them to the dye house around 11:30AM PST.

If the item is still online, then you can still order.

Four quick notes:

1) Preorder price on this is $95. Any stock items will be $135, so it's a great savings.

2) We cut all of this deadstock 21oz Sashiko. If there's a mill where I can buy more of it, then I can't find it. Pretty sure that this is the only heavyweight selvedge sashiko cloth that we're going to be able to use

3) Any items not claimed by preorder will be made in Azure, Shadow Ink, and Natural. If you want one of the other colors (Army, Magenta Mink, Merlot) then you have to preorder it

4) If you order a Natural bag, we'll actually be able to ship it tomorrow! The balance will go out next week.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

cathpah

Reaction score
Really excited to get this bag. I ordered one in the shadow ink a couple days ago and am really looking forward to getting it. Great job grabbing this fabric, as I'm already drowning in tote bags, but couldn't pass this up.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I am searching for something I found this thread and man this tote bag in natural and olive colorways is amazing. I wish I was not so many years too late!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics