• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

feedback on the Menscience skincare product line?

sirscrubsalot

Reaction score
So I was at the department store and saw this company line and picked some samples - seems to have wide line of products, but they don't look cheap - averaging ~$30 a product almost... I tried checking some product reviews on amazon afterward, but the reviews look fake - i.e. made by the same people over and over... credible / legit company?

It seems there's a big push on these glycolic/salicylic acid-type of cleansers,exfoiators and cream-lotions. I called the company to get some answers but the customer service rep wasn't very knowledgeable / helpful.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been using MenSci for years.

With the daily face wash, a small bit will do. You cant really compare this product by the price/Oz. ratio like you can other products. A bottle will last you a long time though, so I feel its a good value.

The AHA/BHA in it will keep your pores extremely clear. That's the products best purpose. I use it about twice a week. I exfoliate once a week and use Baxter's daily face wash for what's left since it's so gentle. This is the best way I have found to use the product. I recommended it.

A lot of people apply too much when they start out though because few other face washes have the same concentration. Even a dime size application is too much. Start out small.

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score
Their products are aite, nothing too bad, nothing too special. Think you should go with another brand if you going to spend that money.

sirscrubsalot

Reaction score
Cool thanks a lot for the replies... I'll probably look for more cheaper alternatives. I was calculating their line would cost $200+ for everything lol. I didn't know that the Olay Regenerist line was well reviewed by consumer reports, and to add - that they can be used by men too.... basically I was looking for a no hassle, year round moisturizer that keeps the skin matte through the entire day... and at the same time, heals (maintaining youthfulness) , protects and doesn't irritate or give the skin (especially the face) a tight, itchy feeling - probably known as the "Holy Grail Skin Line"
wink.gif

I wonder what happened to minimalistic, more natural skin care approaches over these years...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads