• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feedback on SCABAL 100s fabric suiting

sseedragon

Reaction score
Has anyone have pass experience with SCABAL super 100 fabric? its a 10 ounce ...

Never had a SCABAL before but I do have some suits in Holland Sherry super 100 ... How do they compare?

f_sm_04cfbbc.jpg

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sseedragon
Has anyone have pass experience with SCABAL super 100 fabric? its a 10 ounce ... Never had a SCABAL before but I do have some suits in Holland Sherry super 100 ... How do they compare?
f_sm_04cfbbc.jpg

They make quality wools for men's clothing. I have several jackets and suits made from their cloth and I have never had trouble with them. What book does this cloth come from?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have two suits made from Scabal fabrics and they hold up well. Supposedly Brioni uses their fabrics as well.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I shy away from Scabal as a lot of their stuff that I have seen is flimsy and "super" focused. I think if you're going bespoke, you may as well go with a more traditional firm like Lesser, Harrison's, Smith, Minnis etc.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their worsted cloths are generally very nice. Some of their flannels are kind of papery so I've avoided those.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
Their worsted cloths are generally very nice. Some of their flannels are kind of papery so I've avoided those.

I should point out that Despos recently mentioned that Scabal's Business Class range is quite good.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yachtie, Not quite sure what you mean by papery but I have two suits in Scabal's fine 120s sapphire worsted flannel (10oz) and it is soft as butter and yet wears admirably, keeps its shape and shows no signs of wear. As a matter of fact I wanted to give them away but they look brand new and feel terrific. Rather warm for their weight too, which demonstartes weave trumps weight. They may even weave this quality for Smiths!

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Yachtie,

Not quite sure what you mean by papery but I have two suits in Scabal's fine 120s sapphire worsted flannel (10oz) and it is soft as butter and yet wears admirably, keeps its shape and shows no signs of wear. As a matter of fact I wanted to give them away but they look brand new and feel terrific. Rather warm for their weight too, which demonstartes weave trumps weight.

They may even weave this quality for Smiths!

The one I was looking at was a woollen flannel. Their worsted cloths ( incl. worsted flannels) felt fine. this was not a Super cloth. Which book was that in- I'll have to take a look.

They did some very beautiful cloths branded for Reid and Taylor- I picked out three!

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one I was looking at was a woollen flannel. Their worsted cloths ( incl. worsted flannels) felt fine. this was not a Super cloth. Which book was that in- I'll have to take a look. They did some very beautiful cloths branded for Reid and Taylor- I picked out three!
Piccies?

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
frown.gif
Book's back at the tailor. I'll take some pics when I go down for a fitting next Saturday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads