• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Feedback on new clothing company

Clash Clothing

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I recently started a clothing company called Clash Clothing and in early may of this year our website launched. First off I wanna let everyone know I am NOT trying to spam with this thread. In fact Im more interested in hearing what people have to say about our clothing, website, company, etc. than anything else. Aside from a sale, feedback is the next biggest help you could do for us. Take a look around the site, and give us some feedback we would love to hear what people think. In case anyone does like what they see and is interested in purchasing a shirt from us, we are offering a promotion right now for members of styleforum. Type in "fb310" in the coupon code area and recieve 15% off your order. Help us out, give us your opinion, thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is not really a lot to base an opinion on though. Three tee designs is probably the smallest collection I've seen in a while. The graphics are nice enough to wear, and at a reasonable price. In terms of site design, either I am just really tired this morning, or the white text on grey background contrast is not quite strong enough to make it easy to read on my monitor. I would rewrite the "About Us" section. Although I have no doubt that it is true, the "I went to NYC, and found nothing I wanted to wear" story is pretty hackneyed at this point. At least the Rag&Bone guys came from the UK. And you say that you want to bring something new to the table, but never articulate clearly what that is. If you did state what your perspective is, it certainly was not as clear as it ought to have been.

Good luck in any case.

jett

Reaction score
above average site design, but how will it scale when you actually have more than a few items for sale? one thing I didn't like was the clicking on an item leads to a page with a picture smaller than the one before. to get an actual large picture of an item you must click on another link and launch a dreaded pop-up.

as far as what you've got for sale, I've always found it hard to justify spending $30+ on a t-shirt. The t-shirt market is pretty flooded and it's not hard to get a custom design from any number of places.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the site design and layout although people with lower-resolutions (1024x768 and under) might find the graphics a bit too clunky. I like the white text on dark grey background but I think you might benefit from outlining (or "stroke" in photoshop) the larger title-text with a darker color.

The shirts are comparable in quality and design to what you would see on other sites such as Oddica or Threadless (at least a year or two ago) but I agree that for $30 a shirt you need something more special than a one or two color print on an AA t-shirt.

I would like to see more designs though, what other types of clothing will you do?

rabbity

Reaction score
My thoughts:
- The homepage is a bit cluttered, I found my eye was drawn to too many places by the 3 areas. Also not sure what the "Featured" area was about and "Underground"?
- The use of the standard scrollbars also detracted from the fairly cool design. And scrollbars on the left...what's that about ? Scrollbars are universally on the right.
- Finally got to agree with the first respondant, white text on gray background is not easy to read.

Clash Clothing

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who posted feedback. In response to people who had trouble reading the white font -- this is the first ive heard of this problem. White font on a dark grey background should be pretty easy to read. The contrast between these two colors is very high, so it seems like your contrast ratio on your comp/monitor is likely the problem. Also, yes we did launch small with 3 designs, although a 4th will be added this week, along with a long sleeve, hoodie, and a girls line consisting of 5 pieces before the end of the month. Were a startup, and were funding this our selves, no outside help, so were sortve limited in production until we start to bring in sales and revenue. For the fall collection we want our line to consist mainly of hoodies, long sleeves, and thermals, and possibly hats as well. Price issues- our price tag is sortve based on a number of things. One being where were trying to position ourselves in the market, which is towards higher end boutiques. Second, is what goes into each shirt. Our shirts is carefully printed by hand with soft ink, vintage washed, individually tagged and packaged. All these factors played a part in the price, which we feel is pretty reasonable for a quality shirt with a creative design.

All good suggestions tho, and whether positive or negative, I do appreciate the feedback. Definitely will take these comments into consideration when making changes to the site. Any thing else would be appreciated.

compfi

Reaction score
I had no problem seeing the white on grey background, but the fact that half of the responses above mention the difficulty should be a concern. Perhaps the contrast ratio on their monitors are not set correctly, but based on the small sample, I would be worried that a large part of your potential customer base would also have the contrast ratio on their moniter set incorrectly.

jett

Reaction score
I also did not notice any contrast issue, it was very readable.

One more suggestion, and it may already be on the site somewhere, include some that info about the production of your shirts. I love knowing those kinds of details when I buy something, it's so much nicer to know those things than wondering whether your clothes were made by little slave children in some third world shithole. I've got an old shirt made in Bangladesh that every time I put it on I see that label and all I can think about is a bunch of 9 year old girls chained to sewing machines.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads