1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback on an Ebay seller

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by zjpj83, May 14, 2006.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

as few of you know, i sell shoes on ebay too,
    one time i had a shoe that i bought at a premium (most of my shoes are) and was being bidded up steadily 40, 45, 50, etc. over a course of a couple of days.
    within the last few days, someone bidded 250 dollars on it, a half hour later, asked me if he could retract it, i said it is up to him. but he waited to retract on the last day and when he did, the bid went back down to the next amount which was around 60 dollars and never was bidded upon again.
    the fellow who bid 250 had a very small feedback, he was new and i understood he still has yet to learn about the policies and subtle courtesies.

but his bid and then retraction cost me a bundle on that shoe, all potential bidders afraid that this was me or some ploy, but what could i do?

i just said, "great" and then hoped that wont happen again (amongst other bad selling experiences as well).

nothing to do with the thread, just saw the subject of ebay follies and posted my own heartbreak.

2. benecios

benecios Senior member

Maybe I am speaking out of turn but why has bebmak been banned when it seems all he did was defend himself,sometimes I don't really understand all the bannings.
    Is it because the accuser was a senior member and the defendent was new?

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Maybe I am speaking out of turn but why has bebmak been banned when it seems all he did was defend himself,sometimes I don't really understand all the bannings.
    Is it because the accuser was a senior member and the defendent was new?

I don't think you're speaking out of turn and are entitled to know. bebmak has now begun sending me threats of bodily harm, both via email and Styleforum's PM system. This is, as you can imagine, not tolerated under Styleforum regulations.

4. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

That's the problem with the Internet. An ocean is no longer enough to keep the nuts away.

5. benecios

benecios Senior member

In that case we should get together and kick this guys arse!
    (Only joking,moderators)

6. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

BTW, I have not been following the thread at all and don't know the controversy, but I have found that lately I have run into more crazies than I can imagine selling (and probably buying also) on Ebay.

Unfortunately that marketplace has become the biggest purveyor of counterfeit and misrepresented goods on the planet. And I hate that. Why can't people be honest and civil?? Rhetorical question, no answer necessary.

And hopefully the controversy that caused this thread will get amicably resolved. (unfortunately my recent experience is that Ebay is becoming populated by folks that a normal person doesn't want to interact with)

Perry

7. TheWorldsFinest

TheWorldsFinest Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I really don't get sellers like that. At the end of the day all they care about is the $. They don't think about the reality that there is a person at the end of the electronic medium. They don't understand that life goes beyond a single sale, that what is tantamount is a happy customer with a full price experience even if the customer is paying a fraction of the normal retail price. That is not to say that the customer is always right etc., etc., but you need to do your absolute best to make the experience as great as possible.

I actually really enjoy hearing stories about other sellers like that. It reminds me that no matter how successful as a seller you are, or how great your product and prices may be, you need to humanize the internet experience.

Berating a customer into a bid he no longer wants is outrageous. Just my opinion.

Ian

http://www.ShopTheFinest.com