• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalra2411

Reaction score
Look, I have had it with the disbelief in the fact that I am Lakshmi Mittal, so if there are any doubters please come to my London office to speak to me, and I will confirm my identity. NO MORE .

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I think your name is Lloyd, an unemployed plumber with a beer gut that hangs to your knees, back hair that you could use to staple a 2 X 4 and you live in a doublewide trailer in Gulfport, Miss.
biggrin.gif

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look, I have had it with the disbelief in the fact that I am Lakshmi Mittal, so if there are any doubters please come to my London office to speak to me, and I will confirm my identity. NO MORE .
For what it is worth, I neither believe nor disbelieve you. I am only interested in the opinions/facts proferred by the posters to this forum and not the identity of the author. Yet, if you assert yourself to be Mr. Mittal, I accept you at your word.

However, I do find fascinating and somewhat concerning that the disbelief of largely anonymous posters is causing such profound distress. Might I suggest there is a creeping loss of perspective overgrowing the foundation of the purpose of frequenting this forum.

kalra2411

Reaction score
(kalra2411 @ 15 July 2004, 5:22) Look, I have had it with the disbelief in the fact that I am Lakshmi Mittal, so if there are any doubters please come to my London office to speak to me, and I will confirm my identity. NO MORE .
For what it is worth, I neither believe nor disbelieve you. Â I am only interested in the opinions/facts proferred by the posters to this forum and not the identity of the author. Â Yet, if you assert yourself to be Mr. Mittal, I accept you at your word. However, I do find fascinating and somewhat concerning that the disbelief of largely anonymous posters is causing such profound distress. Â Might I suggest there is a creeping loss of perspective overgrowing the foundation of the purpose of frequenting this forum.
For what it is worth, I neither believe nor disbelieve you. I am only interested in the opinions/facts proferred by the posters to this forum and not the identity of the author.
That is all I want, I cannot see why people have become so obsessed with disproving me. I have not come here to tell people I am Lakshmi Mittal, I was asked. I do not care if people believe or not, but I do not like it when they question me.

kalra2411

Reaction score
Posted: 15 July 2004, 10:11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not care what 'the rest of the forum' as you put it believe, I am myself, Lakshmi Mittal, I did not come here flaunting that I was Lakshmi Mittal, I was asked many times about my identity, so I revealed, and the fact that I now receive insults, and a lack of belief is the epitome of disgusting behavior.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted: 15 July 2004, 10:11 Â Â -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I do not care what 'the rest of the forum' as you put it believe, I am myself, Lakshmi Mittal, I did not come here flaunting that I was Lakshmi Mittal, I was asked many times about my identity, so I revealed, and the fact that I now receive insults, and a lack of belief is the epitome of disgusting behavior.
While I would agree that you ought not be insulted - tacky at best - it would seem to me that if being insulted and disbelieved on an internet fourm is the "epitome of disgusting behavior," then you have rather interesting standards. I tend to rank human conduct on a somewhat different scale and would suggest you might want to respond with disinterest or, at most, mild bemusement. Leave the outrage for truly disgusting behavior such as abusing children, torturing animals, ignoring the elderly and infirm, or genocide. For me, the true evils of our world make these little incidents you dscribe rather trivial in comprison.

kalra2411

Reaction score
(kalra2411 @ 15 July 2004, 5:37) Quote Posted: 15 July 2004, 10:11 Â Â -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I do not care what 'the rest of the forum' as you put it believe, I am myself, Lakshmi Mittal, I did not come here flaunting that I was Lakshmi Mittal, I was asked many times about my identity, so I revealed, and the fact that I now receive insults, and a lack of belief is the epitome of disgusting behavior.
While I would agree that you ought not be insulted - tacky at best - it would seem to me that if being insulted and disbelieved on an internet fourm is the "epitome of disgusting behavior," then you have rather interesting standards. Â I tend to rank human conduct on a somewhat different scale and would suggest you might want to respond with disinterest or, at most, mild bemusement. Â Leave the outrage for truly disgusting behavior such as abusing children, torturing animals, ignoring the elderly and infirm, or genocide. Â For me, the true evils of our world make these little incidents you dscribe rather trivial in comprison.[/quote] No, I guess you are right, but forgive me I am perhaps not as familiar with internet conduct, as I should be, and also how it differs from real life, because if I was standing next to someone and they constantly told me I am not myself, even though they first asked me who I was, I would certainly find that to be disgusting.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I guess you are right, but forgive me I am perhaps not as familiar with internet conduct, as I should be, and also how it differs from real life, because if I was standing next to someone and they constantly told me I am not myself, even though they first asked me who I was, I would certainly find that to be disgusting.
Internet conversations tend not to always follow the normal rules of polite discourse. Oft times posters lie. Consequently, others approach posts and posters with considerable scepticism. Moreover, the normal rules of civilized communication are far less rigidly adhered to when one can post with relative impunity and little fear of ever encountering the target of one's invective. As a result, much is said over the internet that would never be uttered in a face-to-face meeting. (I can point you to many fora that make the insults on this forum look positively life-affirming in comparison.)

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, Kalra,

"What a man says of thee says more of him who says it than it says of thee." -- Epictetus

I would conclude from the wisdom of the above quote that any taunting from posters speaks more of their character than yours. But posting a topic like this will merely add to them, since no one here is actually likely to go to anyone's office anywhere, for any reason. If you want to stay, stay, and since you already post as Kalra, your name need not appear, and certainly not in any of your own posts. You don't have to prove to anyone who you are, becuase you are kalra2411. Period. End of story. It does not matter to me one iota who you are IRL. It shouldn't really matter to anyone else, either, but it seems to. Avarice, real or imagined, coupled with curiosity, has that effect.

Regards,
Huntsman

Brian SD

Reaction score
I didn't want to be the one to say this, but if you're so fed up with it, perhaps there is some method to your posting that causes people to be frustrated that you might work to fix. Take a look at all the posts you have made, some perfect examples being on the LV thread. You always try to make your claim like you are being persecuted, when in fact that matter of your posting is often condescending and outright rude.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should one venture to your office, are you buying lunch?

MikeF

Reaction score
This can be resolved easily enough - PM me, or someone else equally disinterested one way or another in your true identity, and tell us what we need to say when we phone Ispat's switchboard to get put through to you, when we should phone, and what you will say to us once we get you on the phone. 30 seconds on the phone with any one of us should put an end to all of this, if you really are Mittal.

brescd01

Reaction score
Can someone explain very simply who is Mittal, and what is his significance, in ten words or less?

Brian SD

Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me if you are Lakshmi Mittal or not. I really have no idea who he is. What matters to me is that you obsess over your identity and the fact that 99% of posts that you enter end up in flame wars.

Can someone explain very simply who is Mittal, and what is his significance, in ten words or less?

He's a rich dude. Really rich.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
multibillionaire steel magnate. google 'lakshmi mittal'.

**edit:

multibillionaire steel magnate with lots of free time. google 'lakshmi mittal' + 'slacker'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads