• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fear the Walking Dead

CoCoGoldstein

Reaction score
I have medium expectations. I liked the slow build of the pilot episode and have no complaints so far.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree that this one is better than the premiere. Stupid people need to tell people what's going on rather than sit there in dramatic silence.

KenRose

Reaction score
that is one reason I feel that people have been too hard on the premiere. Easy for us to see and say what is happening because we have all had the experience of TWD to guide us. But I think in the "real world" so to speak, none of us would be able to explain what is going on because it defy's all logic and science.
In fact, I thought the best part of tonight was the scene with the protesters yelling at the police. Very realistic reaction where everyone assumes that they police are always wrong in police shootings. I kept thinking about what would happen in our current police relations climate if this ever occurred.

Agree that this one is better than the premiere. Stupid people need to tell people what's going on rather than sit there in dramatic silence.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FTWD is supposed to take place in a world where the concept of zombies doesn't exist (no zombie movies in popular culture), hence the disbelief at what's happening.

But still, the characters need to tell each other wthell is going on Instead of sitting in dramatic silence when asked.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I forgot how frustrating it is to watch drama that springs from poor communication.

Also, echoes of Carl with the kid/teenage angstiness. Hope that doesn't become too pronounced.

Last edited:

commanderdean

Reaction score
HaHa ,

very funny description. But this makes me want to watch it now. Tastes are different i guess. I keep you updated and i will have more bottles at home. Just in case.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ruben Blades is a goddamn national treasure. Why can't the show follow him and his family instead of "fucked up dipshit family"?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has it gotten better yet? The first two episodes sparked a huge fight in the HRoi household because I got fed up with it and wifey got mad at me because "it's supposed to build up slowly"

And the kid who plays the junkie brother makes me want to punch him so badly...which means he's a damn good actor

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has it gotten better yet? The first two episodes sparked a huge fight in the HRoi household because I got fed up with it and wifey got mad at me because "it's supposed to build up slowly"

And the kid who plays the junkie brother makes me want to punch him so badly...which means he's a damn good actor

I agree, but the addition of Ruben has been fantastic. So of course they'll kill him off in the next episode.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blades has been good. Finally somebody with balls, even if naive. I like the junkie for telling it like it is, "they're dead."

Whiny sister needs to go. Also no ones name is memorable except for Zombie-Susan (Asian neighbor)

Better episode overall.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree that Salazar is great. I think he will survive and be one of the main cast. His wife on the other hand.. probably a goner.

I think this was the best episode so far, but goddammit, some scenes make me smfh. A lot of characters acting downright ******* STUPID. Especially Travis and Madison. They have no excuse for being so clueless and naive at this point.

Hey, Travis, remember seeing that kid without a jaw walking towards you, completely unresponsive to any attempts at communication? Remember seeing that zombie eat and attack that cop at the riot? Remember seeing the pool of blood and entrails at the junkie yard before all of this? Remember seeing the shootout at the hospital? Remember figuring out how fucked up **** was becoming?

In spite of all the complete **** he has seen so far, he decides to approach the neighbor while he's eating a ******* dog that you've never seen before in the middle of his ******* living room. No, "Hey brah, uhh... Wtf are you doin brah..?"

Nah.

Instead, just creep up silently behind him and try to tap him on the shoulder. FFS.

Other nits:

- Lmao @ stupid maze garden. Lazy writing to add cheap thrills. On top of that, the visuals for this scene weren't even good. It was just dark as **** and hard to see anything. Fail.
- Love how Travis' truck remains completely unscathed during the riot
- Madison winning Idiot of the Year award by leaving her house door wide open. She of ALL people would know not to keep the house unlocked. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Like I said, I still enjoy the show. I think it has really good cinematography and that it's good at building suspense, even when you know it's coming. Some of my favorite scenes:

- When the lights go out in LA. Very ominous.
- Whenever Salazar keeps it real. The shotgun to the face scene was excellent.
- When we see the zombie in the background at the hospital and how it gets shot several times in the torso first. The way it falls to the ground after the headshot was creepy.
- The plane wobbling
- Not a scene per se, but Alicia is hot af

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you hit on Travis' truck. They're in the Salazaar's place for hours, with things going nuts outside, and there's not even a trace of damage to his truck when they get back out. Hilarious.

Shotgun scene was awesome. Couldn't stand Travis' "You know how I feel about guns" bullsh*t when Daniel was showing Travis' kid how to load a freaking shotgun.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man I forgot how frustrating it is to watch drama that springs from poor communication.

Also, echoes of Carl with the kid/teenage angstiness. Hope that doesn't become too pronounced.

Ain't that the truth?

TALK TO EACH OTHER! COMMUNICATE!

Grunt and sulk on your own time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads