• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fear of heights

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
overcome-your-fear-of-heights.jpg
virtual-medicine-1.jpg
halfdome-kh-07-31-07b.jpg
skyscraper%20construction.jpg
2536076338_81e0c2ca95.jpg

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not kidding...those pics made me catch my breath and my hands and feet sweat. I'll now drink some coffee to slow my heart down. Jesus....

dhaller

Reaction score
Those helmets aren't really necessary, considering.

DH

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone here ever been up in the Gateway Arch? Looking down out of those little windows and seeing absolutely nothing between me and the ground seriously freaked me out. And its only 630 feet tall! Some of these photos are crazy.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That video made my heart stop a couple of times.
On a lighter note:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a major problem with heights and after seeing the clips all I can say is "Holy ****".

Psyren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Some of the clip made me a little uneasy. Most of it seemed like looking out of the window of a plane, though.

Heights and snakes are about the only things I have truly irrational fear of.

+1, though I've kinda gotten over my fear of heights but I can't even think about snakes without checking under my bed sheets or looking under my sofa thinking I heard something.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah...it's tall and the first video made my toes curl a bit (very healthy fear of heights), but the only thing I can think of is just how STUPID Dubai is. You have the tallest ******* building in the world surrounded by....?????????? Sure the immediate area is more buildings/resorts, but look 2 seconds in either direction and you have NOTHING. It looks like a post apocalyptic wasteland out there.....no wonder that city is failing. BTW, these guys aren't so scared of heights...

uspheights

Reaction score
RE YOU AFRAID OF HEIGHTS?

DOES THE IDEA OF HIGH PLACES CAUSE YOU TO PANIC?

IS YOUR FEAR AFFECTING YOUR ABILITY TO DO YOUR JOB OR LIVE YOUR LIFE TO ITS FULLEST?

The producers who brought you "Hell's Kitchen" and "Kitchen Nightmares" are seeking people who are ready to conquer their fear of heights for a new network pilot.

Internationally known phobia experts are here to help you!

This new life-changing pilot is seeking real people, from all walks of life, who live in the Los Angeles area. If you suffer from the fear of heights, then we want to hear from you immediately!

WE ARE SEEKING PEOPLE WHO ARE:
"¢\tOver 21 years of age; permanent legal residents of the United States
"¢\tSuffering from a fear of heights
"¢\tOutgoing, charismatic and ready to conquer their fear!

FOR MORE INFORMATION EMAIL: [email protected]
Please include your first and last name "¢ contact phone number "¢ email address "¢ current occupation "¢ age "¢ a recent photo of yourself "¢ a brief summary about yourself "¢ how your fear of heights is affecting your life and "¢ why you're the perfect person to participate in this life changing pilot.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No harness...no rope...
uhoh.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Holeeee sheeeeeeet!

Viewing that gave me the willies.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with people!?!?!?

DukesofStratosphear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
WTF is wrong with people!?!?!?

Oh. My. God.

The end was absolutely heart-stopping. Truly terrifying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads