• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourites/best

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A.Harris and I have had great discussions regarding trousers, leather jackets in the "Buying and Selling" forum under the Ebay Questions topic.

What are Forum members favourite/best trouser brands and leather jackets?

Mine are:
Dress Trousers: Incotex, Rota, Kiton, Loro Piana
Casuals: Incotex (and REM), Rota, Loro Piana, Stone Island, Mabitex, Bill's Khakis (Model 2)
For stylin': Prada, Gucci

Leather Jackets: Seraphin (and Hermes), Loro Piana, Zegna (looking forward to the new collection, according to A.Harris Longhi now makes Zegna's best), LaMatta.

Zubberah

Reaction score
A.Harris and I have had great discussions regarding trousers, leather jackets in the "Buying and Selling" forum under the Ebay Questions topic.

Mine are:
Casuals: Incotex (and REM), Rota, Loro Piana, Stone Island, Mabitex, Bill's Khakis (Model 2)

Leather Jackets: Seraphin (and Hermes), Loro Piana, Zegna (looking forward to the new collection, according to A.Harris Longhi now makes Zegna's best), LaMatta.
Don't wear dress trousers or casual trousers - if not in suit then in jeans.

For leather stuff - hard to go past Gianni Versace Couture or Versace V2 Classic for style and qulaity. They've been making leather jackets for over 20 years. Otherwise a simple Gucci jacket in a blazer style. I find leather jackets are on the whole very dull and boring in style (saw the new Brioni ones available in Sydney and they are hideous - strictly for old men.). I suspect choices will be dictated by how old u r.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Baby Chickpea:
I find leather jackets are on the whole very dull and boring in style (saw the new Brioni ones available in Sydney and they are hideous - strictly for old men.). I suspect choices will be dictated by how old u r.

You should try to see the newer pieces offered by Zegna/Loro Piana/Hermes/Seraphin............Nothing old about them at all. Sublime styling, excellent fit (not for the large of belly), in my opinion, I don't think older men look particularly flattering in them. I have seen numerous older (read fatter) Americans/Aussies/Poms while I was in Italy, trying on the hip new styles, and they plainly looked ludicrous..

thc

Reaction score

Mine are:

Dress pants: Armani Classico Black Label, Incotex, Jil Sander and John Varvatos

Casual: Helmut Lang

Leather: Calvin Klein

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For leather jackets, the French company Jitrois is amazing. The cuts are much slimmer and the styles much sharper than anything I've seen from any other maker. LaMatta and Seraphin use beautiful leather, but I find their styling generally yawn-inducing. Zegna is doubly so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads