1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Favourite vodka?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by PHV, Jul 10, 2005.

1. binge

binge Distinguished Member

I prefer GG mainly because it is the most consistent, moreso than Belvedere IMO. I have a bottle of Hanger One in the freeze, which I got as a gift, but I haven't tried it yet.

2. pauliodotnet

pauliodotnet Senior Member

Anyone tried Ciroc vodka, distilled from grapes?

excellent vodka, this is now my new choice over CG, Belv and so forth. Do not get me wrong I would still drink the others, but i find Ciroc to be much smoother.

3. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I like Vox, very smooth, I keep a bottle in my freezer.

4. Liberty Ship

Liberty Ship Senior Member

I like Grey Goose, though Costco's house brand is apparently the same thing at half the price. I can't tell the difference. So I drink Costco at home and order Grey Goose when I'm out.

I just saw an advertisement for a brand I had not heard of, though I am entirely familar with its namesake:

http://www.kalashnikovvodka.com/usa/

Has anyone tried this?

5. redgrail

redgrail Distinguished Member

Chopin for shots, Ketel 1 for drinks. Both smooth, Chopin packs a little more of a distinctive punch (plus I have a thing for potato vodkas) and the aftertaste is not quite as lingering.
    If I'm making mixed drinks for a lot of people, I usually buy some Vikingfjord. An inexpensive potato vodka (that, honestly, most of the people I'm serving couldn't tell from Chopin) that doesn't TASTE like it's cheap. If you're worried about appearances, save your empty bottles of Chopin and funnel the stuff over. Chopin bottles are gorgeous and your guests will never know; it's going in a tall glass with juice and ice and whatnot anyway...

6. jkennett

jkennett Senior Member

east coast to west and back to east. currently res
    Homemade Zubrowka that I get from some of my friends in Poland. Otherwise, if I'm buying vodka I typically just get Smirnoff Black Label and spend the saved money on other things like nice Gin.

Anyone ever have szarlotka (apple pie) mix drinks?!

7. pauliodotnet

pauliodotnet Senior Member

I like Grey Goose, though Costco's house brand is apparently the same thing at half the price. I can't tell the difference. So I drink Costco at home and order Grey Goose when I'm out.

I just saw an advertisement for a brand I had not heard of, though I am entirely familar with its namesake:

http://www.kalashnikovvodka.com/usa/

Has anyone tried this?

costco has a house brand?! LINK PLEASE!

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Why do both of you prefer Chopin?

I also wonder, GG, Belvedere and Chopin all share remarkably similar packaging.... I wonder if they are at all connected.

Belvedere and Chopin are owned by the same company. Personally I prefer Belvedere; although Goose and Chopin are good as well. For cheaper mixing vodka, Stoli and Sky are just fine.

Jon.

9. teddieriley

teddieriley Distinguished Member

I drink my vodka on the rocks with a lime. Belvedere, hands down. I tried Chopin, but I personally didn't like the taste as much, but I recognize it is a great potato vodka.

Grey Goose might be of higher quality than Smirnoff, Absolut and the like, but it taste like rubbing alcohol taken straight. Take it from the freezer, then you have thick rubbing alcohol. GG is fine if you mix it with soda.

Vodka like "Level 1" appear to be marketing hype like Vox water. Level 1, like GG, taste like rubbing alcohol.

10. fcuknu

fcuknu Distinguished Member

Zyr is by far my favorite. Much more smooth than GG, chopin, Bell, Pravada, or anything else I have tried

11. v0rtex

v0rtex Senior Member

Hangar One is the nicest straight-sipping vodka I've ever tasted, it's got a distinctive taste but not as overpowering as Grey Goose (which I find syruppy when unmixed).

Stoli's my usual fallback - cheap and excellent quality. Was surprised to find when I moved over here it's considered a cheap/generic brand, in the UK it's a premium drink.

12. yachtie

yachtie Distinguished Member

Zytnia- Polish Rye Vodka.Wyborowa is pretty good too (potato vodka).
    Grey Goose is overmarketed shit, BTW.

13. tbone226

tbone226 Senior Member

14. Dmax

Dmax Distinguished Member

Not a big vodka drinker but keep some Christiania (Potato Vodka) on hand.

15. Liberty Ship

Liberty Ship Senior Member