• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Tie label?

hbruce

Reaction score
What are your favourite tie label?

Personally I'm having a hard time finding ties that I really like but after a recent visit in Tokyo I must say that I was impressed by the ties carried by "The Suit Company", especially considering their prices (about US$ 20).
(https://www.uktsc.com)

I found some really nice ones at Agnes B today as well.

Your turn. What rocks your necks?

//Bruce

Lamo

Reaction score
mmm, i'd love to have a few Charvet. if i can afford them, that is...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the ones I have/seen so far, Chuck & Jill's (Carlo Franco) and Zegna. I am sure there are better ones than the Zegna around, but I tend to like a lot of their floral designs. I don't own any Charvet (yet) but I have yet to see one that looked compelling to me.

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zegna seems to be a staple for me, as the quality is decent and the designs are quite contemporary.

Hanseat

Reaction score
Never had a tie that I loved as much as my Drake's from the Andover shop.
p1080742medium1mu.jpg

p1080745medium8yv.jpg

I didn't pull the knot tight, nor did I dimple it but just to demostrate that the lining has jsut the perfect thickness. Feels great, is tough and get compliments on it every time I wear it. Have to get many more from them. Marinella is good in that department too. The RLPL are a bit too soft for me, Alteas don't have the right feel to the silk and PRL are jsut too wide at the bottom to look good on me.

The Drake's is one of the best purchases I ever made in clothes and I kick myself for not having bought lot more of them. Worth more than what you pay for them not just every cent.

mikeber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by demeis
Dolce punta as of right now.

Do you own (or at least saw) one of their so called 11 fold ties?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hanseat
The Drake's is one of the best purchases I ever made in clothes and I kick myself for not having bought lot more of them. Worth more than what you pay for them not just every cent.

STP has a pretty steady stream of them. If you haven't already, I suggest you check them out.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Carlo Francos do look gorgeous, but I can't see myself paying that kind of money for a tie. I'd hate myself the first time I splatted tomato sauce on it, never mind the first time one of my kids wiped ice cream on it...
devil.gif

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
STP has a pretty steady stream of them. If you haven't already, I suggest you check them out.

and i believe they recently got a new shipment. i'll probably place an order when they make another discount.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borrelli (for the colours)
Zegna (for the textures)
Leonard (for being the thinking man's Hermes)

And a whole bunch of little Como-region locals...

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
RJ -- like Charvet only more interesting.
Holliday & Brown -- for being what Marinella was invented to try to be.
Hilditch & Key -- sentimentality.
Carlo Franco -- for superlative quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics