• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite steak cuts

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I used to be all filet all the time, but I found you usually have to do so much to it to add flavor and fat (wrapping it in bacon, etc) that I came to enjoy a New York or top sirloin that can stand pretty much on its own. And I'm not a fan of lots of thick marbling. I hate getting a big bite of chewy fat.

Stax

Reaction score
bone-in rib eye

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ribsteak, certainly. It has the most 'beef-like' flavor of all the cuts, in addition to a generous helping of moistening fat. Porterhouse is second, but its a challenge to have the loin and the strip both cooked perfectly at the same time.

Prime rib is a roast, but the same beef, of course.

Regards,
Huntsman

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the advantage of a bone? I had a Kansas cut a while ago, a bone in sirloin which was very good. One hell of a list you have there drizzt, I have only been to Morton's and Luger's. It seems as if I'm very inexperienced.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I just got a steak and put it on the grill.....stay tuned for more details!!!
smile.gif

aybojs

Reaction score
Filet, hands down. I find fat, bone, and gristle disgusting.

ts4them

Reaction score
I haven't had prime rib in ages, never EVER see it on any menu's in NY. I also would like to know the benefits of bone-in steaks vs. boneless. I like both, hell, I even like the steaks they serve w/ 'steak and eggs'.

aybojs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
So you must find your own body disgusting
laugh.gif

Well, I wouldn't eat myself, for sure
wow.gif
. I'm just really fussy about meat, and the thing I love about filets is they're very low maintenance: no cutting around fat or a big hunk of bone (my pet peeve with the porterhouse).

riveroaks

Reaction score
the marrow from the bone supposedly flavors the meat

Originally Posted by ts4them
I haven't had prime rib in ages, never EVER see it on any menu's in NY. I also would like to know the benefits of bone-in steaks vs. boneless. I like both, hell, I even like the steaks they serve w/ 'steak and eggs'.

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I can have any cut of steak on my plate and be happy. I like to eat animals. I am a member of PETA-People For The Eating of Tasty Animals!!!

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a bone-in steak, I prefer a rib-eye or Porterhouse, although the strip on a T-bone tends to be better than that on a Porterhouse.

For a boneless steak, I really like skirt steak or hanger steak. My local butcher sells dry-aged hangers that are unbelievable. He also knows how to split them properly to remove the center vein without destroying half the steak. Hanger steak grilled over charcoal with a few grapevines thrown on to smoke it a bit and then allowed to rest for a few minutes before serving with minced shallots covering it is sublime, particularly with a nice Bordeaux or Rhone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads