• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite piece of computer music?

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was listening to Zappa's Jazz From Hell earlier, the first time in quite a while.
I realised how wonderful 'G-Spot Tornado' is; probably my favourite single piece of computer generated music.

Yours?

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trans Europe Express EDIT: Oh yah, Castlevania II, Legend of Zelda, Ghosts & Goblins and tons of others for the NES
biggrin.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved the music in Deux Ex.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always liked the track that was done for Quake by NiN. I also remember liking the music in ff7.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as some other posters are talking about music from video games, I think that the music from the Zelda series is pretty good - very epic sounding, and fitting, from the NES to the current versions of the game.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
I was listening to Zappa's Jazz From Hell earlier, the first time in quite a while.
I realised how wonderful 'G-Spot Tornado' is; probably my favourite single piece of computer generated music.

Yours?

I'd have to agree that Zappa's Synclavier music was pretty mind-blowing, but my favorite is the entire latter half of Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you're talking about music that was created in a purely digital realm, i'd have to say Oval's Systemisch.

-Jeff

ATM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
Technically, Zappa-generated and computer-performed.
smile.gif

Have you heard the human-performed version on The Yellow Shark?

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ATM
Technically, Zappa-generated and computer-performed.
smile.gif

Yes, good point. Zappa did the programming and the Synclavier did the biz. He said he had to do it thus because he couldn't get musicians to play it exactly as he intended it to sound. Although he did admit the Ensemble Modern got pretty close with The Yellow Shark.
Germaine Greer said that she wants to have G-Spot Tornado played at her funeral. Good for her.

nicholas.jj.taylor

Reaction score
My hands-down favourite piece of music, let alone piece of computer music is the in-game music from a game called Dynamix. Its mindblowing! Here is a link to a playlist containing all three tracks of Dynamix...
I bet you didn't know a Commodore 64 could make sound like that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads