1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Favourite piece of computer music?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Britalian, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

I was listening to Zappa's Jazz From Hell earlier, the first time in quite a while.
    I realised how wonderful 'G-Spot Tornado' is; probably my favourite single piece of computer generated music.

Yours?

2. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Trans Europe Express EDIT: Oh yah, Castlevania II, Legend of Zelda, Ghosts & Goblins and tons of others for the NES [​IMG]

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

I loved the music in Deux Ex.

4. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I always liked the track that was done for Quake by NiN. I also remember liking the music in ff7.

5. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

Are we talking about midis here?

hahahaha

6. VMan

VMan Senior member

As long as some other posters are talking about music from video games, I think that the music from the Zelda series is pretty good - very epic sounding, and fitting, from the NES to the current versions of the game.

7. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

I was listening to Zappa's Jazz From Hell earlier, the first time in quite a while.
    I realised how wonderful 'G-Spot Tornado' is; probably my favourite single piece of computer generated music.

Yours?

I'd have to agree that Zappa's Synclavier music was pretty mind-blowing, but my favorite is the entire latter half of Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

How about some Jean-Jacques Perrey?

9. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

if you're talking about music that was created in a purely digital realm, i'd have to say Oval's Systemisch.

-Jeff

10. ATM

ATM Senior member

Technically, Zappa-generated and computer-performed. [​IMG]
    Have you heard the human-performed version on The Yellow Shark?

11. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Technically, Zappa-generated and computer-performed. [​IMG]
    Yes, good point. Zappa did the programming and the Synclavier did the biz. He said he had to do it thus because he couldn't get musicians to play it exactly as he intended it to sound. Although he did admit the Ensemble Modern got pretty close with The Yellow Shark.
    Germaine Greer said that she wants to have G-Spot Tornado played at her funeral. Good for her.

12. nicholas.jj.taylor

nicholas.jj.taylor New Member

My hands-down favourite piece of music, let alone piece of computer music is the in-game music from a game called Dynamix. Its mindblowing! Here is a link to a playlist containing all three tracks of Dynamix...
    I bet you didn't know a Commodore 64 could make sound like that.