• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Cigarettes

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only blue American Spirits.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I like Botschafter, Turkish Specials and Shephard's Hotel. I usually smoke them through a filtered holder as it cools the smoke, and filters away 33% of the assorted nasties.

I'm thinking of ordering Shepheard's Hotel, is there more than one variety? The Phillips and King catalogue has two options; "cubes" and "Oriental cubes," what's the difference?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
I'm thinking of ordering Shepheard's Hotel, is there more than one variety? The Phillips and King catalogue has two options; "cubes" and "Oriental cubes," what's the difference?
I've never heard of this distinction--the ones I bought came in a light green package with what appeared to be a greyhound dog as its logo. Today I bought some Dunhill Reds, which didn't taste that great. Upon examining the package, I noticed they were made in Singapore. They also changed to packaging into something "contemporary," not unlike the UPS logo. I also dislike how long modern cigarettes are; I have to manually cut them to size in order to fit them into my cigarette cases--it's slightly messy and makes the cigarette somewhat wrinkled looking.

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by totally epic
Has anyone tried Marshall McGearty's?

No, have you?

Their website looks pretty interesting, and has some interesting slideshows regarding tobacco.

Jenaimarr

Reaction score
Call me a nancy, but lately all I've been smoking are the super-ultra lights (1mg tar, 0.1 mg nicotine). It's essentially just smoking filtered air (which is probably preferable to LA smog).

dunhill-infinite.gif
davidoff_one.gif

These days it's more about the oral fixation/act of smoking rather than a nicotine fix.

When I run out of my internet bought moldovian/ukranian imported smokes, I usually settle for mild seven super lights.
- I've been trying to get mild seven ones, but the don't seem to be available outside of japan and no online company has them available.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of exotic ones here. Camel Wides or Kool XLs. Sometimes I'll try other things or two for ones. I also bum a lot of Marlboro Reds from my dad.

Half Honky

Reaction score
Although I rarely smoke, someone threw me a pack of these a while ago:
555malawi.jpg
Very similar to Dunhill in smoothness and taste. I miss my lucky strike filters dearly, though.

Aficionado

Reaction score
I usually smoke cigars but I can go for Gitanes Mais if theres not decent cigars available.
bigstar[1].gif

gitanes.JPG

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When they find a cure for all these diseases that cigarette smoking causes, I will head for the nearest gas station, buy a carton of Marlboro Reds, and a 6 pack of Heineken, and I will smoke every one of those motherfuckers in one sitting.

There, I said my piece.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't smoke anymore, but this thread brings me back. I used to love Gauloise Blondes when I could get them.

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now the blue Dunhills and Marlborogh Light- Red Gauloises at times, too...when I was a teen I also obtained some hard to get or unconventional cigs when I was abroad- e.g. Sobrainies, black and cocktails or stuff that wasnt available in my country at that time like St. Moritz (still hard to get btw, dunno if they sell it at all anymore) or Silk Cut (very long ago) which is widely avaiöable now and that I actually still like...

From Japan Tobacco I esp. like/ed Peace and Cabin...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads