• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite Butter

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually I use the Danish Lurpak when in UK. Here I like Giani, a lovely, ultra-creamy block from the Veneto. Pricey but worth it.
I haven't used margarine for several years.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was growing up we used this French? butter that came in a tin. Wonderful stuff.

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
Usually I use the Danish Lurpak when in UK. Here I like Giani, a lovely, ultra-creamy block from the Veneto. Pricey but worth it.
I haven't used margarine for several years.

On the rear ocations, I do use butter, I also go for the Danish. Hardly suprising. Lurpak is allright, but I get mine from a place called Grambogård, a small dary and butcher co-op that makes some really great products.

smor.jpg

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plugra...I make whole blocks of it into ghee and freeze it in cubes.
smile.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is honestly something i'd never thought of before.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
this is honestly something i'd never thought of before.

You never thought of butter? Wow.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you buy this stuff? Ralph's has Land O Lakes and Ralph's brand.

samus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
You never thought of butter? Wow.

Your location says Japan. I don't know if you're American or not, but often in the States we are not blessed with the same range of butter options you can find in Europe or elsewhere.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get some type of artisan irish butter, a big chunk gets delivered in the mail every month

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have my wenches churn my own...

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best I ever had was at Trio in Evanston. I don't recall having the same butter when I ate at Alinea. The lady that made that butter had like 2 cows. I wonder if she's still in business. And I believe it was hand-churned, but maybe not. I know the owner was telling us that it came with notes from the farmer, and sometimes if it was an odd color, she'd explain what the cows had been eating that week, i.e. "Bessie got into a clover patch".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads