• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite AUSSIE T-Shirts (Brands)

Presto87

Reaction score
So ... in response to the other thread - "what is your favorite tee brand?" I found that many brands mentioned are either only available in the US, or online ... so with that said ... where do our Aussie members (specifically Sydney) go for quality/well designed tees. The problem I find is that every bloke is either wearing: * the "cheap" - Jay Jays, Just Jeans, Jeans West, etc. * the mass market - General Pants ... problem is that when you wear a GP tee you're likely to run into someone wearing the same one! Where else do I go? I know there are boutiques etc. along Paddington, Surry Hills - but honestly can't bring myself to spend anything over $50 for a tee shirt! Keep in mind I've lately been blowing my cash on Rhodes & Beckett Shirts, and most recently - my first (but definitely NOT last) pair of RM Williams
inlove.gif

Mushroom77

Reaction score
If you want prints, try Surry Hills, Glebe or Paddington Markets. Or just cruise along King St in Newtown for a while, you're bound to find something.

I get all my plain t-shirts from some cheapo place called Double Bay Warehouse... made by "Clay and Brooks," if that means anything to you. Shorter than AA, and less boxy.

Presto87

Reaction score
Yea I came across the AA(.com.au) a couple of months ago, but not a fan of their designs (or lack thereof) ... whilst I'm not looking for OVERLY GRAPHIC tees ... I'd like some form of print on them ...

Can't say I've ever heard of "Clay & Brooks" ... and Double Bay, Glebe, Newtown etc. is a hassle for me to get to (given I don't drive in the city) ... I'm aware there are boutiques in all the places you mentioned, I was just hoping someone could mention a BRAND - one that hasn't saturated the market thanks to General Pants. i.e. no (Fresh) Jive, Adidas, Ksubi, Lee, Wrangler etc.

I know, I know - I'm eliminating most (if not all) of the known brands ... hence this thread!
smile.gif

hazE

Reaction score
A.com.au is so ridic pricing wise

Confucius

Reaction score
I'm going to get shot, crucified, resucitated, then re-shot for saying this, but I wear a lot of Superdry tees. I find it really hard to look decent in t-shirts and Superdry ones just fit me well. I'm not particularly fussed about the prints, but do stay away from those "Osaka" type ones. They're also decent quality/thickness and not too badly priced.

Presto87

Reaction score
Cheers Confucius/Longcat for the responses ... but I checked ALL the websites of the brand you mentioned, and yeah - not a huge fan of any of them!
confused.gif

And Justin, Bonds? Personally, I only wear their undershirts etc. Not their actual tees, hoodies etc.

sydney99

Reaction score
St Lenny......absolutely awesome tees, probably the best feel and fit of tee I own, and awesome designs....they sell for about $80-90 so not cheap but I've got 4 now and love em. Heres a sample....

c2cb_1.jpg

Nuff said

Reaction score
American Apparel probably has the best range of colours as far as basic tees go. I find the quality of their cotton to be pretty average and they do not fit me particularly well unless I taper the sleeves. If you are willing to spend a little more to tailor them they can look pretty good though.

Marcs sell well fitting basic tees made with very nice cotton. I would rate their graphic tees from average to lame but you cannot go wrong with their basics. $50+ for a basic tee is a bit steep so I would suggest checking out one of their clearance stores at DFO or Alexandria to get them at a more reasonable price. Their range of basic colours is very limited each season so don't expect to pick up more than one or two colours you like.

If you are looking for graphic tees in Sydney for under $50 that are not played out, then good luck. 95% of Sydney guys wear nothing but jeans with either singlets or tees. You and 95% of the rest of the guys in this town are chasing the same thing so the chances of you walking out of a shop with your $50 t-shirt and not meeting another bloke in a bar wearing exactly the same thing is pretty much zero. Same goes for spending $100+ on a tee if you live in the city or the Eastern suburbs.

That said Incu always carries some decent tees and is worth checking out during sale time.

If you want something original I would suggest buying online (sizing can be an issue) or checking out the vintage stores around town.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics