Favourite 80's Music?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by imageWIS, Apr 13, 2011.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Michael Jackson was never really part of my childhood (probably for the best inorite? lawl.) Pretty much everything I heard at the time was determined by two of my older sisters, one of whom basically listened to WLIR/punk/post-punk, and the other of whom listened to college/alternative rock in its incipient stages.

If you had asked me at the time what my favorite Madonna song was, I probably would have said "Live To Tell", but I was certainly never much of a fan. It took me another 20 years to realize what an awesome song "Like a Prayer" really was.

but a lot of people are claiming that michael jackson was a very very big part of their childhood. [​IMG]

2. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

but a lot of people are claiming that michael jackson was a very very big part of their childhood. [​IMG]

That joke was already implied in my post. [​IMG]

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

That joke was already implied in my post. [​IMG]

damn hangover [​IMG]

4. Mr. White

Mr. White Senior member

5. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

dire straits- romeo and juliet

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

7. LordWanker

LordWanker Senior member

One To One - Hold Me Now
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Berlin - Now it's my Turn
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Siouxsie and the Banshees - The Killing Jar

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Peter Shilling - Major Tom (Völlig Losgelöst)

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. The Cult - Wild Flower

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Love and Rockets - Yin and Yang and the Flowerpot Man

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Peter Murphy - Cuts You Up

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. CHALK CIRCLE - 20th Century Boy

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. CHALK CIRCLE - This Mourning

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. CHALK CIRCLE - April Fool

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

8. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

the best decade in music history, if i might say so. i could go on forever and ever but i'll just list a few of the most legendary acts in a decade full of legends: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (recorded in 89!) [​IMG] (hated this as a child, lol. one of the best albums ever!) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] /thread

9. LordWanker

LordWanker Senior member

PLATINUM BLONDE - Doesn't Really Matter

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Honeymoon Suite - Burning In Love

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. GLASS TIGER - Thin Red Line

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Alannah Myles - Still Got This Thing For You ( well not quite 80s)

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. THE SPOONS - Nova Heart

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

10. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Jesus & Mary Chain - Just Like Honey

Mighty Lemon Drops - Into The Heart Of Love

Echo & The Bunnymen - The Cutter

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Echo did an uncredited cover of "People are Strange" and it was a really good cover.

Extra points if you can name the campy movie it appeared in.

12. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Oh, tried to link the video yesterday but don't think I found a link. Phil Collins, In the Air Tonight. Who has not done air drums to that riff?

14. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

If I ever become a serial killer, that's going to be my entrance song.

15. TKDKid

TKDKid Senior member

Culture Club - Karma Chameleon

James - Sit Down

Suzanne Vega - Luka

Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting