Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Favourite 80's Music?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by imageWIS, Apr 13, 2011.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

What is your favourite music from the 80's? I don't mean genres, I mean individual songs.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

2. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

4. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

As far as mainstream goes: C'est Plan Pour Moi by Plastic Bertrand

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Only the Lonely by the Motels

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. 99 Luftballon by Nena

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Good call on the Motels. [​IMG]

6. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

There are so many to choose from. But the one that immediately comes to mind is:

7. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I must've been completely absorbed in trying to raise RubeBabeI™ and missed 80s music.
    A couple of these songs are vaguely familiar, but that's about it.

Was Flashdance in the 80s?
    How 'bout Asia and Toto?

8. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Suicide
    A lot of early Apocalyptic Folk a la Di6 and C93
    Psychic TV
    The Cure
    Bauhaus
    Siouxsie and the Banshees
    Smiths
    PiL
    Gang of Four
    This Heat
    Liquid Liquid
    Kate Bush

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

the the - this is the day

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. the cure - in between days

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. blue zoo - love moves in strange ways

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. march violets - turn to the sky

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. prince and the revolution - i would die 4 u

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. echo & the bunnymen - the killing moon

10. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

In a Big County - Big County The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen Duran Duran - Rio The Who - Eminence Front (quintessential 80's caricature song? lots of cocaine and excess)

11. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Suicide
    This Heat

70s I thought

12. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Can someone explain how to embed? Placing the end of the YouTube url in URL tags doesn't work.

13. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

There was music in the 80s?

14. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

70s I thought
    I guess they are late seventies though both band's best albums came out in the early 80s (Deceit and Second Album) and then of course they broke up right after.

15. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member