• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite YouTube videos: (i.e. the boredom corner)

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Maybe... I'm still under the impression that the entire "Federal State of Emergency" exercise was staged by FEMA to inure people to living in a police state. I mean, how suspicious is it that the 30 or 40 "anarchists" flew in from Oregon the day before, were allowed to cause property destruction throughout the downtown corridor by the local, state, and federal authorities on hand, without a hand being raised and comprised exactly 0% of the 600 people arrested (in what was later to be ruled a violation of their 4th Amendment rights) These same well known protesters, were allowed to fly into Washington DC, where they were allowed to start a similar problem unhindered by law enforcement during the WTO/World Bank meetings in 2000.

This of course, while peaceful demonstraters were being gassed, shot at, beaten, and arrested and taken to a FEMA internment camp at Sand Point where they were denied access to lawyers for over a week. The city instituted a 50 block "no protest zone" where if you were doing anything as minor as wearing a sticker, pin, gas mask, or verbally protesting or assembling, you were gassed, pepper sprayed, beaten, beanbagged, handcuffed, and taken away. This went on for a week or more.

My personal favorite WTO moment happened the day after the riots though, when a phalanx of heavily armed riot cops and armored personnel carriers drive through a largely residential neighborhood filled with college kids, bohemian artist types, and most of Seattle's gay and lesbian community, tear gassing and shooting rubber bullets at anyone they can see, driving them away from their homes and businesses because they "appeared to be protesting".

A particularly poignant moment was when a lady who was driving her car, turned the corner, only to be faced by 20 riot cops with tear gas grenade launchers and long nightsticks. She stopped, unsure of what to do. One officer tapped on her window acting like he was going to tell her something, so she rolled down her window to ask what was going on, and he decided to open up a fire extinguisher sized bottle of pepper spray point blank in her face.

I remember that lady getting sprayed (didnt king 5 or somebody catch video of it?). Pretty fucked, all of it. I really wish I was old enough to go protest, one of my HS teachers was there/arrested for protesting. He had some stories, man.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is how the US Army recruits ?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
That was great. I watched a bit of that game.

Plus, I have some sort of strange attraction to Team USA's goalkeeper Hope Solo. She (like many other female athletes) has a tendency to look mannish on occasion. But even then, she's like a hot man, with boobs. Which makes me a little confused.

Anyways... I think she's pretty hot. And she lives in Seattle!

330_321373_md_USWNT060807187.JPG

Oh, holy cow! She looks a bit like Sina Schielke, (German Sprinter) in her younger days. Which is to say they both are quite hot.

(Insert lame joke about trying to score on her)

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Oh, holy cow! She looks a bit like Sina Schielke, (German Sprinter) in her younger days. Which is to say they both are quite hot.

(Insert lame joke about trying to score on her)

Are you kidding me? Hope Solo?
lol8[1].gif
What a name... Parents must have been Star Wars fans...

Anyway, here's a good performce of Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Mikhail Pletnev.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90MuP...elated&search=

The other parts are there also in the associated videos.

A really beautiful performce of O mio babbino caro given by Maria Callas:

nice performance by netrebko; great acting and great singing:
inlove.gif

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyway, here's a good performce of Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini by Mikhail Pletnev.

Absolutely unbelievable. That has to be up there with Wagner's Adagio for Strings as one of the most sublime pieces of music ever written.

JB

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Absolutely unbelievable. That has to be up there with Wagner's Adagio for Strings as one of the most sublime pieces of music ever written. JB
Uh... do you mean Barber, or are you talking about the Adagio for Clarinet and Strings (which, IIRC, wasn't actually written by Wagner)? Or is this a Wagner piece I'm unfamiliar with or have forgotten?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
football bloopers and a gay referee:

ronaladhino doing some crazy-ass ****:

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is really old and has probably been posted but...Bush being a ******* idiot:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads