Favorite YouTube videos: (i.e. the boredom corner)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Tokyo Slim, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Heard about this for years, so it's cool to finally see how it's done.

I really want to go to Tokyo and cram salarymen into subway cars for a living. Do I need to speak Japanese to do that? I hope not.

2. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

Oh man, I'm officially in love with Natalie Imbruglia after this.

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

This clip just blows my mind:

that is just sick! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

This clip just blows my mind:

And to think most of them are running one front brake or no brakes with a fixed gear. I used to do a much tamer version of that in downtown Toronto and it can be a lot of fun, until you get doored...

A

5. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

I really want to go to Tokyo and cram salarymen into subway cars for a living. Do I need to speak Japanese to do that? I hope not.

I think you need a placard proclaiming that you are the "honourable pusher" on your lapel.[​IMG]

koji

6. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Less structured, and a little too long, but basically a dude riding a bike around Kabukicho (my hood) at 4:30 on a sunday morning, checking out all the low-ranking Yakuza standing around and being non-menacing.
    J showed me something like this a while back, a dude racing around Tokyo on a motorbike. Cant find it now. Ive always wanted to mount a camera on my bike and show Saigon traffic to Youtube. Every bit as insane. One of these days Ill get around to it....

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Indian Thriller

Man, that is just too funny.

8. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Just found this link over on the engrish.com forum. A Finnish band with some great engrish.

9. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

10. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

11. A Y

A Y Senior member

A cool demo of a multi-touch gestural user interface (especially appropriate given the iPhone's recent intro):

And continuing with the TS's Japanese theme, one of the most amazing hip-hop performances I've seen, combining hip-hop dance and mime, from a Japanese dancer, no less:

--Andre

12. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

A 13 year old girl playing the Ernst transcription of Schubert's "Erlkonig". It's probably in the top 10 hardest pieces for the violin, or any instrument for that matter. Technically this girl is insane... there's no dynamic contrast or nuance, or any musicality to speak of, but it is pretty in tune and accurate for someone that age. I've watched this like 4 times since finding out about it.

This girl is two years younger, and much of what Paganini wrote is also in the top 10 hardest pieces for the violin. However this girl is quite musical! Amazing... now we need to find a 9 year old girl playing Ernst's "Last Rose of Summer".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLWjv...elated&search=

13. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

This girl is two years younger, and much of what Paganini wrote is also in the top 10 hardest pieces for the violin. However this girl is quite musical! Amazing... now we need to find a 9 year old girl playing Ernst's "Last Rose of Summer".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLWjv...elated&search=

Depends on who you talk to. There's stuff that's much harder than most Paganini. La Campanella isn't one of his more tricky pieces. Erlkonig is considerably harder than this. If you get a video of an 11 year old playing his Il Palpiti, Nel Cor or maybe Le Streghe, it would be impressive. And there definately are kids playing this rep at even younger than 9. Sarah Chang played Bartok 2 when she was 8, which is harder than hell.

Thanks for the video.

14. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

A cool demo of a multi-touch gestural user interface (especially appropriate given the iPhone's recent intro):

And continuing with the TS's Japanese theme, one of the most amazing hip-hop performances I've seen, combining hip-hop dance and mime, from a Japanese dancer, no less:

--Andre

That's some unbelievable dancing by that Japanese guy. I just saw the part where he "falls"... I didn't even think that was possible.

15. visionology

visionology Senior member