• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite Vodkas?

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been drinking Level lately, it's not so bad. It came highly recommended. Not as smooth as the Grey Goose I've had, but I've only had it in Vodka and Tonics. I'm soon going to get my hands on some Charodei, I'm expecting it to spoil me.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you'll really like Charodei, it is smooth yet flavorful, could be my favorite vodka ever, although Red Army has such a nice punch to it.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am going to be in Moscow next week- any recomendations of specific Russian vodkas to bring back?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Georgievskaya, Jewel of Russia Ultra, Old Kiev, Kutskova, Moroz, Pshenychnaya, Charodei, Cristall, the list goes on, you can probably find some gems there that aren't widely known in the US as well.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cristal is the one I usually have brought back, I think Chorodai too, the bottle looks familiar but I don't remember the name. I've brought a few other nice ones back, but I can't remember their names. a few years ago there was a fad for "kosher" vodka in russia- the russians were convinced that if it were kosher it would be more pure, so I had several bottles that were named after jewish holidays, but that was just a local marketing ploy they were al bottled by the same company.

JFK

Reaction score
It used to be Ketel One, Grey Goose, or Belvedere; now it's Hangar One. By far. And if you're interested in infused vodkas, look no further; this guy does the most amazing stuff with the most unusual fruits. You can buy some online at  http://www.caddellwilliams.com/hangarvodka_main.html (And no, I don't have any financial interest in Hangar One; I just think the guy that makes it puts out an amazing product.)

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Try cutting up a few fresh, raw, peeled horse radish slices and letting them sit in a bottle of vodka for a couple days. Then drink it straight, no ice. Delicious (-ly intoxicating).

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Try cutting up a few fresh, raw, peeled horse radish slices and letting them sit in a bottle of vodka for a couple days. Then drink it straight, no ice. Delicious (-ly intoxicating).
That's making my sinuses open up just thinking about it. Mmmm.. prime rib... and vodka...

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in Russia one very common way of drinking vodka is straight, very very cold, while eating very ***** salamis and hams with a very strong mustard. I have spent a few very long nights that way, the ***** meat helps keep you from getting too drunk too quickly, and the vodka works well with the flavors.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a menu brought back for me from a Russian tea room with vodka ritual instructions on it. They include taking a big sniff of some dark bread or something. I'll have to dig that out.

Speaking of vodka service, does anyone else have a vodka set? I got a pretty cheap one with tube shaped glasses with wide heavy bases and a bowl to hold ice water with the tubes in it. Tried it once, it definitely works.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't seen that. what I usually do is mix ice and salt in a bowl to get very cold sludge, and then take my vodka from the freezer and put it in the bowl. I thin serve from the bottle, as needed.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Here's the one I have. Got it at Marshalls for maybe 10 bucks. It's definitely not worth $40, but it's reasonably nice.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I generally just throw the bottle in the freezer a bit before planning to consume
smile.gif
globetrotter, the regimine that you mentioned seems guaranteed to give you a monster hangover the next morning, afternoon....evening? When I was in Prague last year, me and a couple buddies went to Karlovy Lazne (not sure if you guys know this club, but it's enormous, if kinda ghetto) and one of my buddies smuggled in a bottle of Wybrowya (polish vodka, expensive in the US, cheap as hell in CZ) The Czechs have an energy drink called Semtex that's kinda similar to Red Bull, but much more powerful... Alternating shots of absinth (straight up, no wussy sugar) and Semtex/Vodkas is guaranteed to leave you barely in the land of the living the next day...

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
drzzt, I am at a point in my life where every time I drink more than a couple of drinks, I am supprised at the level of the hangover, so I don't know if that is worse of not that other ways of drinking, but the mixture of salty fat meat and alchohol can't be good for a hangover, thinking about it logically. at my brother's wedding, when I was 19 and could run a marathon in boots (and I am talking literally here) I drank pitcher after pitcher whiskey sours and was up at 10 am the following morning for brunch (after sleeping the night dressed in a tuxedo in the shower stall of my motel room) and people couldn't believe it. now, a night of drinking with customers and I am shaky in the morning. such is life.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, that means you're not drinking yourself to death with your high tolerance. I haven't been drinking to the extent that I was while in Europe or Asia either, which is probably a good thing
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads