1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Tie designs with shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dressed2kill, May 23, 2006.

1. dressed2kill

dressed2kill Senior member

What are your favorite tie designs? Do you like geometric, abstract, rep, paisley, ect. What designs do you mostly wear with your favorite shirts?

2. dressed2kill

Anyone care to coment. I'm sure people where ties here.

3. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Senior member

I'm a sucker for dots. Repp is good too. Paisleys are cool but I only like them with white shirts in a somewhat casual setting.

4. dressed2kill

Thats the thing, when I wear Abstract ties I can only wear them with plain shirts. With Abstract I like Robert Daskall otherwise I like Robert Talbot with patterned shirts.

5. kronik

kronik Senior member

Abstract / geometric.

6. dressed2kill

My two favorite too. With geometric you can incorporate some subtle patterns in your shirt. If you had subtle patterns with a geo tie, is it best to leave a plain jacket or suit? Most of the time I would think so.

7. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Solids, spots, Hermes and Charvet prints, the paisleys Dries Van Noten did a couple seasons ago. I only have five or six stripes I like.

8. Kid609

Kid609 Senior member

I have a Herme tie with elephants on it.
    I didn't like it at first, but wore it one day and chicks dug it. Now it's my favorite tie. I guess chicks like elephants.

9. thinman

thinman Senior member

I'm in a rut with stripes, so I'm trying to diversify with more geometrics and abstracts. I need a few "fun" ties.

10. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Almost anything other than paisleys, stripes or animals. If you want to give me a heart attack, just show me a tie with all three.

11. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

12. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

I'll be perhaps one of the few here to champion the paisley. I love all colors and patterns, but can't handle the theme ties. One of my favorite combos: orange shirt, hot pink geometric tie w/ brown pinstripe suit. Toxic to most but i love it. I also think its pretty hard to beat a dark pinstripe / chalkstripe with a dot tie.