• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Favorite Tie Brand?

butkusrules

Reaction score
Whats everyone's favorite tie brand? Why? I usually use the heavier weight Brooks Brothers but Im looking to branch out. Any suggestions?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't have a favorite. I buy ties that I like....regardless of brand. I never try to match to a shirt. If it's something I like, I scoop it up!

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
I don't have a favorite. I buy ties that I like....regardless of brand. I never try to match to a shirt. If it's something I like, I scoop it up!

Totally agree.

pdial

Reaction score
Sam Hober. The best I have found for the price.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always buy for my shirts. Basically takes one element of difficulty out of getting dressed. I only have two ties to choose from for each shirt, and both match well.

yodawg

Reaction score
altea. it's just what i buy everytime i go to hk but i haven't needed ties ever.

em36

Reaction score
Usually Hermes, but hearty vote for Drake's.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
ties are different, i go by what design i like. once you get to the decently made ties, there isnt too much you can do more from there. it's just a silk piece of fabric.

recent ties i have drooled over are these new ones at nordstrom by duchamp (they are best on display, not worn; cant find anything i can wear them with)
and panta ties in the slub silk repp

Prestosmp

Reaction score
I am partial to knit ties. The brand that I usually purchase that particular make of tie is Club room. But like other posts before me I do not have specific brand that I buy. I do have a few BCBG ties that are made perfectly in my opinion.

Macallan9

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
Hermes,Louis Vuitton.

classic high quality french silk

emporio armani has best ties, so classy

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carlo Franco

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H&B 50oz silk ties are my fav. Combination of nice construction, appealing patterns (to me) and makes a great knot IMO.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.