• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Favorite tennis shoes

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is, shoes to wear while playing tennis on a clay court, not sneakers/trainers in general.

About six months ago I bought a pair of the new Reebok pump tennis shoes, mostly out of nostalgia because I so loved the original tennis Pumps when I was a teenager. They were the first tennis shoes I bought in the USA. However, either I've changed or the new ones suck compared to the old ones, because they feel like deadweights on my feet. Either that, or they're very unbalanced in their distribution of mass. I can't tell which one. Wearing them on the court, I feel as if they're dulling my reactions and making me think about each movement instead of reacting instinctively. The support is quite nice, though.

Can anyone recommend a shoe with similar support but maybe a lower mass and/or better weight distribution?

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the adidas climacool feather II; very light, and very comfortable. if by support, you mean ankle support, they might not be the best choice. i use them on hardcourts, as does agassi, but they're made for clay.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Ankle support is a big issue for me, because my ankles have a history of getting twisted into knots. But I'll check them out.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.