• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite soft cheese?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I like soft cheese to be slightly below room temp, but prefer harder cheeses to be a bit more cold.

-1 on the harder cheeses. I took some Beemster gouda, aged five full years, cut a hunk, and let it sit out at room temp for a full 24 hours. My god, the flavours that were unleashed, that even a 2-3 hour wait at room temp did not release.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't you find that the texture changes? That's what I dislike the most.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm eating now some Cœur de Lion Le Coutances du Cotentin... yummy.
56.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Don't you find that the texture changes? That's what I dislike the most.

Texture of the harder cheese? Well, it becomes less hard, but it's not like it's slimy or gooey. Seriously, room temp cheese ftw.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a bar in London with a cheese room. Its basically a climate controlled glass walled room with shelves covered in different cheeses. You go in with one of the staff and point out what you want and how much and they make up a plate / board for you.

"I'll have a chunk of that Manchego.
Some of that Stilton, no a bit more...
Ya, that Camembert.
etc
etc
etc"

K

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GekkoHQ
@Vkk3450: Where's this bar? I do bar and restaurant reviews so I'd quite like to head over and have a look.

Vivat Bacchus. I go to the one in Farringdon. South African friends like it because they have biltong. (Blech)

River Cafe also has one.

Where do you do reviews? Oxford is lacking in decent restaurants. Chiang Mai excepted.

K

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epoisses for me as well. Before I discovered it, Boursault was my favorite. Unfortunately, people always think you mean Boursin.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
Epoisses for me as well. Before I discovered it, Boursault was my favorite. Unfortunately, people always think you mean Boursin.

But Boursin still = mmm mmm good
shog[1].gif

K

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm taking a list to the fromagerie today. I haven't tried a bunch of those mentioned in this thread.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Love me some delice de bourgogne does that greg you snob?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Love me some delice de bourgogne does that greg you snob?

So now I'm a snob too?

I don't know this cheese but as long as you like it... Is that a stinky one or a rather inoffensive one?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
So now I'm a snob too?

Now?
mwink[1].gif

Unbelievable, try it and let me know what you think though I am not the coinnoisseur of all things fine like yourself.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Now?
mwink[1].gif

The "now" goes with "too". I've been called a variety of names around here recently, so I'm now adding snob to that list.

I'll give this a try when/if I encounter it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I would have never guessed. I prefer it to its sister chateau de bourgogne by far so try and do the delice. It's pretty salty too fyi.

I only dabble in all things fine.

Btw, I think when I do the vass I will be going with the f last boot in burgundy and no speed hooks with that lovely haf sole of yours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads