Favorite sneakers?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dusty, Mar 25, 2005.

1. benchan

benchan Senior member

Stan smith is great, but do avoid pairing them with bootcut jeans. Another minor point is that it is not as comfortable as some other classic sneakers mentioned above.

2. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

As I said before (possibly in this thread), they used to be better, with glossier leather on the body and green trim rather than the dumb looking matte blue, as well as a slightly lower/flatter cut. But I still like them. I have had two pairs of them and they both wore for a really long time.

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

These Onitsuka Tiger Corsairs are pretty cool - Link A little pricey, and whiter than my usual sneakers... except the lavers.

4. YMark

YMark Well-Known Member

I had a pair of those about 30 years ago. I think they were probably around $30 then too.

5. Harami

Harami Member

Stan Smith in Green and Rod Lavers

6. dumadiscount

dumadiscount Well-Known Member

black af1 sheeds [​IMG] sidenote:- anyone notice that sneaker bracket comp thing at espn? theyre voting on the best sneaker of all time. the final 3 are jordan iii, jordan xi and the air max 95

7. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66, which I own. The red stripe is what makes them special. [​IMG]

8. sonick

sonick Senior member

these are the sneakers i have, im an adidas fanboy [​IMG] my favs in terms of looks are the rod lavers, but for comfort its definitely my well broken in superstar I's ive had for about 3 years now... [​IMG] the sambas i got at footlocker for $19.99USD.. the lavers i got at winners hehe...

9. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I bought these recently. [​IMG]

10. @riss

@riss Senior member

Dude, it is true that there is now a matte-finish Stan Smith available, which is aesthetically worse than the original, but the original is still available.

Also, if you buy online from the UK you can get the velcro Stan Smith's, which I can't find anywhere in the states and which are hotter IMO.

11. shoreman1782

They have this version in the online adidas store, but it's one ugly colorway. [​IMG]

12. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

(j @ May 03 2005,23:20) As I said before (possibly in this thread), they used to be better, with glossier leather on the body and green trim rather than the dumb looking matte blue, as well as a slightly lower/flatter cut. But I still like them. I have had two pairs of them and they both wore for a really long time.
    Dude, it is true that there is now a matte-finish Stan Smith available, which is aesthetically worse than the original, but the original is still available. Â Also, if you buy online from the UK you can get the velcro Stan Smith's, which I can't find anywhere in the states and which are hotter IMO.
    I've never seen the original style in a store (well, not since I was a kid). Granted I live in Seattle, where we don't have much to choose from. I definitely don't want velcro, though.

13. @riss

@riss Senior member

Those are the velcro SS, but they are definitely not in a color scheme I would advocate. I personally only enjoy the white/green Stan Smiths worn, as a previous poster already mentioned, scuffed and dirty.

14. shoreman1782

I think I remember someone mentioning Oki-Ni before, but it didn't come up in the search. Has anyone ever purchased from them? Some of the colorways/designs are rad - not particularly versatile, but cool. Better Oki-Ni link.

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

onitsuka tiger mexico 66's definitely.... always gets people looking.

the new line of target archery in canvas are also great- but you have to remove the leather kiltie.