1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Favorite sneakers?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dusty, Mar 25, 2005.

1. dumadiscount

dumadiscount Well-Known Member

black af1 sheeds [​IMG] sidenote:- anyone notice that sneaker bracket comp thing at espn? theyre voting on the best sneaker of all time. the final 3 are jordan iii, jordan xi and the air max 95

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66, which I own. The red stripe is what makes them special. [​IMG]

3. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

these are the sneakers i have, im an adidas fanboy [​IMG] my favs in terms of looks are the rod lavers, but for comfort its definitely my well broken in superstar I's ive had for about 3 years now... [​IMG] the sambas i got at footlocker for $19.99USD.. the lavers i got at winners hehe...

4. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

I bought these recently. [​IMG]

5. @riss

@riss Well-Known Member

Dude, it is true that there is now a matte-finish Stan Smith available, which is aesthetically worse than the original, but the original is still available.

Also, if you buy online from the UK you can get the velcro Stan Smith's, which I can't find anywhere in the states and which are hotter IMO.

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

They have this version in the online adidas store, but it's one ugly colorway. [​IMG]

7. j

j Well-Known Member

(j @ May 03 2005,23:20) As I said before (possibly in this thread), they used to be better, with glossier leather on the body and green trim rather than the dumb looking matte blue, as well as a slightly lower/flatter cut. But I still like them. I have had two pairs of them and they both wore for a really long time.
    Dude, it is true that there is now a matte-finish Stan Smith available, which is aesthetically worse than the original, but the original is still available. Â Also, if you buy online from the UK you can get the velcro Stan Smith's, which I can't find anywhere in the states and which are hotter IMO.
    I've never seen the original style in a store (well, not since I was a kid). Granted I live in Seattle, where we don't have much to choose from. I definitely don't want velcro, though.

8. @riss

@riss Well-Known Member

Those are the velcro SS, but they are definitely not in a color scheme I would advocate. I personally only enjoy the white/green Stan Smiths worn, as a previous poster already mentioned, scuffed and dirty.

9. shoreman1782

I think I remember someone mentioning Oki-Ni before, but it didn't come up in the search. Has anyone ever purchased from them? Some of the colorways/designs are rad - not particularly versatile, but cool. Better Oki-Ni link.

10. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

onitsuka tiger mexico 66's definitely.... always gets people looking.

the new line of target archery in canvas are also great- but you have to remove the leather kiltie.

11. Babar

Babar Well-Known Member

I think I remember someone mentioning Oki-Ni before, but it didn't come up in the search. Has anyone ever purchased from them? Some of the colorways/designs are rad - not particularly versatile, but cool.

Better Oki-Ni link.

I've bought from them before. Good service and no-hassle returns

12. berlin report

berlin report Well-Known Member

I think I remember someone mentioning Oki-Ni before, but it didn't come up in the search. Has anyone ever purchased from them? Some of the colorways/designs are rad - not particularly versatile, but cool.

Better Oki-Ni link.

Got a pair of limited edition (whatever) adidas antelopes in bronze/orange. Fab shoes, great service. Most of the styles and models are done exclusively for them although that doesn't necessarily mean they're good... Shipping fees to the states might be outrageous though.

13. wallateer

wallateer Well-Known Member

Ecco Performance Pacific. Can only where them in the summer though, because of the mesh.
    [​IMG]

14. SGladwell

SGladwell Well-Known Member

15. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Well-Known Member

I'm partial to the Nike SB line. I just picked up the Sandalwood edition of the Dunk Sb. I'll post pics sometime.

16. shoreman1782

It goes against most of my tastes in sneakers, but I just never wanted to wear allstars/shelltoes. I like adidas; I have sneakers with a similar shape (Lavers); I'm a fan of people who are fans (Run DMC); I dunno.

The 35th anniversary editions are kinda cool (I like the Londons a lot). But in addition to being a model I don't like, the print is kinda flashy for me. It also smacks of LV-type allover logo prints. I could see a them in a display case, but not on my feet.

I posted that Oki-ni link a while ago, but have never gone through with it. A shame, because I like these a lot, and they have my size, and they're on sale. Just don't have >$100 for kicks right now.

17. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

Most often worn: Chuck Taylors-lows in white canvas, black leather and Magenta glitter.

Fair mention: Jordan 3's in white. Jordan 5's in Black and white.

Fave's but boxed more than worn: Nike Rifts origional color. Supreme Dunk 2nd edition in Orange. Dunk Brazils. Vandals in silver.

Pretty bored with all sneakers right now, Visvim seems the most inspired.

18. tsmith

tsmith Member

Where can one purchase those puma van slobbe Rudy Dasslers? Would I find them somewhere in NYC or are they internet only? I especially like the green version, they are hot!

19. TomK

TomK Member

Right now I'm wearing a pair of White/Red Adidas Samoa ST.

[​IMG]

They look a bit orange in that picture but they are red.

I'm slowly becoming a sneakerhead and will probaly be investing in some custom/limited edition Nike Air Force Ones or Adidas Superstars sometime in the near future.

20. Tabris

Tabris Well-Known Member

Got a pair of limited edition (whatever) adidas antelopes in bronze/orange. Fab shoes, great service. Most of the styles and models are done exclusively for them although that doesn't necessarily mean they're good... Shipping fees to the states might be outrageous though.

Everything they do there are supposed to be Limited Edition :p (something like 30 per design/size, I dunno)

Anyway, at the moment I'm loving my one pair of Nike Dunks. Chuck's aren't my thing, never will be.