1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Favorite sneakers?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dusty, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I used to have a pair of the Walter Payton ROO's when I was like seven or something. They were the coolest shoes out there.

I miss my Walter Payton ROO's.

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

(VKK3450 @ Mar. 30 2005,00:24) I got tired of the black and white speedcat thing a while ago. It's like the default; "I want some Pumas cuz I heard they're cool..." "Hey, get some black and white speedcats... Everyone has got em.." "Oooo, if everyone has them, they have to be great.."
    Happily I have only ever seen one other person wearing them. If they were more ubiquitous I would not have gotten mine. Everyone else seems obsessed with the 1000 colorways of the other Pumas, usually yellow, orange and blue etc.
    I have 5 pairs: Really light gray suede w/ blue leather stripe Tan / Coffee w/ brown leather stripe White leather w/ hazed-gold stripe Brown leather w/ chocolate chip leather stripe Black leather w/ gray leather stripe I am happy to say I have never seen another person wearing any of the above-mentioned Speedcats. Jon.

3. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Distinguished Member

I'm wearing some Adidas Daroga Suedes today. Â They have a soft back so you can stomp them down and wear them like mules, or wear them like normal (though lacking heel support) shoes. [​IMG]

4. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior Member

I saw those at Macy's a few months ago. Â Those are sweet.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

And comfortable as hell. But they look a little too much like real (i.e. functional) running shoes. Sometimes, I wear them, and it looks like I just forgot to bring my other shoes to the gym...

6. west coast wonderboy

west coast wonderboy Senior Member

[​IMG]

7. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

What do the My5, 7, and 8s look like. I cannot find any images on the internet. Also, what do you think of the MY13s in coffee/green? Thank you.

8. Crockett

Crockett Well-Known Member

I found examples of all these on ebay.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

MY13's are decent - the line is getting back on track after a few subpar models (MY-10 to MY-12, imo).

10. VKK3450

VKK3450 Distinguished Member

Ha, my friend just got back from a holiday in Thailand and he is rockin these sweet shoes... They are white leather and look like Puma Speedcats, but have a lace protector on top that has a Diesel logo and they say Diesel across the heel...

Looks like the counterfeiters are being innovative. We were joking about their advertising slogans "Two Brands, One Shoe, Half Price..

I think for a gag I am going to make a shirt with a big "Gianni Armani" logo on it. Maybe even have it say "designed by Hugo and Gabbana"

K

11. @riss

@riss Senior Member

Wow, you must not get out of the states then. Those speedcats and mostros were beyond exhausted by the time I was studying abroad in France damn near 3 years ago. I came back to college in Georgetown and everybody who was back from visiting Europe had them in D.C. as well.

12. big balla

big balla Active Member

Nike Dunk
    Nike Air Jordan XI
    Nikr Air Jordan III
    Lazer Nike Air Force 1
    Adidas Rod Laver (vintage)
    Adidas Stan Smith
    Adidas Yohji Yamamotos (pre Y-3, black samoa type model)

13. T4phage

T4phage Distinguished Member

(imageWIS @ Mar. 31 2005,08:15) I have 5 pairs: Really light gray suede w/ blue leather stripe Tan / Coffee w/ brown leather stripe White leather w/ hazed-gold stripe Brown leather w/ chocolate chip leather stripe Black leather w/ gray leather stripe I am happy to say I have never seen another person wearing any of the above-mentioned Speedcats. Jon.
    Wow, you must not get out of the states then. Â Those speedcats and mostros were beyond exhausted by the time I was studying abroad in France damn near 3 years ago. I came back to college in Georgetown and everybody who was back from visiting Europe had them in D.C. as well.
    Well you can still see quite a few people in Europe still wearing them. Right now my 'favourite' sneaker is the Puma Rudy Dassler by Alexander van Slobbe... but if I intend to walk a lot, then I switch to my Nike Air Max '95s

14. @riss

@riss Senior Member

I know, that reinforces my point.

15. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Distinguished Member

When ever I see them I think of those hole filled Jamaican tank tops, in spite of that I still like the Green 95 Air Max's.