• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Favorite shorts length

Favorite shorts length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.

aaamax

Reaction score
They're called "shorts."
While I agree that today wearing the "shorts" we wore in the 70s would look a bit off, I would say that length is more comfortable and certainly more effective in a sports situation like tennis or basketball.
Much to the chagrin of my significant other, I wear mid thigh. If it is hot enough to warrant shorts in the first place, then less is more.
Cheers.

SJTM

Reaction score
Strongly prefer 2" above top of knee. Obviously inseam length is a function of leg length. At 5'9" with 29" inseam, an 8" inseam is my go to.

My bigger gripe is WRT leg taper. I have had a hard time finding shorts where the leg opening is not ridiculously wide. This may not be an issue for guys who are 6'-2" with 32" waists but that is not me. So most pair need to make a stop at my tailor.

Anachronist

Reaction score
Personally, I would not want to miss shorts in summer. Depending on location, i.e. beach & boat = mid-thigh and other casual opportunities such as summer parties, golf & casual shopping = above the knee, I think shorts are perfectly acceptable if paired with a decent polo shirt or linen long-sleeve shirt with rolled up sleeves and boat shoes or loafers. Riviera calling…

Michael Boehm

Reaction score
Short pants are for women and little boys. Hotter climes, linen, seersucker, poplin, tropical weight wool...

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.