• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite shirt material?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Probably linen/cotton. I want to try chambray, but I would have to convince Geneva to open an account with S&G, and even then, I am not supposed to be getting new shirts.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Blue chambray.

Does Anna even stock it? I've never seen it at her shop.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zendeline, solid, any color. Really wonderful. Incredibly soft, smooth and silky.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Yes. You have to ask.

Ah gotcha. Is it much softer and thinner than BB oxford cloth? Anna pinched my OCBD, frowned, then shook her hand in the air--as if she had just discovered old chewing gum under a park bench.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Three chambray sounds almost reasonable: cream, blue, pink. Hmm ...

Is S&G hard to get in the states? I assume if everyone can get the squares, the shirtings must be easy, too. Geneva has never, however, shown any eagerness to expand beyond their longtime suppliers. And they really have no interest in special orders for one customer; their volume is just too high to make it worth their while.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Ah gotcha. Is it much softer and thinner than BB oxford cloth? Anna pinched my OCBD, frowned, then shook her hand in the air--as if she had just discovered old chewing gum under a park bench.

I only have swatches, but yes, much finer. But still textured and thicker than broadcloth, end-on-end, etc.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I only have swatches, but yes, much finer. But still textured and thicker than broadcloth, end-on-end, etc.

Not as durable I suppose? I like being able to abuse my OCBDs without mercy.

Originally Posted by edmorel
I think linen is so underrated as a dress shirt option. I love the texture it brings to an outfit. I wear them year round.

I felt a flutter in my stomach.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
+100

I think linen is so underrated as a dress shirt option. I love the texture it brings to an outfit. I wear them year round.

Can I get a sycophant flag, please.

You are more Advancedâ„¢ than me, as I tend not to wear mine in fall/winter. (With one exception.)

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Not as durable I suppose? I like being able to abuse my OCBDs without mercy.

Again, I don't have any but my guess is, no, not nearly as durable as BB OC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads