• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite SF Posters - Fit

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lots of old name dropping here, is Vox still around?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Vox, Stitchy, Spoo, NOBD, TTO :slayer:

thanks, j. you are too kind.

its hard to nail it down to a few without forgetting someone.

right now, TTO is really brining the heat and a lot of inspiration. i always enjoy spoos and dereks fits. as mentioned, i think gdl, NOBD, parker and mao^2 are all very inspirational fit posters as well, sadly, none of them post with a lot or regularity these days, though NOBD does post some fits, or parts of them.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vox posted a recent pic with his California closet next to him (at least that's what it looked like).

Holy hell. Racks on racks.

emptym

Reaction score
Tirailleur1 is my favorite new member from the past year or so.

A Harris was respected on MC and SWD. When I say "He is missed," I mean it.

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

There are people with model/mannequin like builds. And there are good dressers.

I see some mistaken one for the other.

True. I do think that a lot of the members that have already been mentioned, whether they have the model/mannequin physique or not, have paid such close attention to fit that most of their wardrobe flatters them. Not that you can magically transform a body shape, but those bad fits that you can't quite put a finger on are the result of accentuating the wrong areas or not accentuating the proper areas to achieve a good shape.

steffenbp11

Reaction score

There are people with model/mannequin like builds. And there are good dressers.

I see some mistaken one for the other.
The two aren´t necessarily mutually exlusive though are they ? I really like MaoMaos fits for instance, but it helps a lot that he has an athletic build Imo. Physique in other words plays quite a big role. There are some - shall I say - portly dressers on here and in the blogosphere, who without a doubt put a lot of effort into their outfits, but they always start out with a disadvantag compared to the less gravity challenged gentlemen - at least in my book...

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of nice ensembles are posted here, but to me TTO and Tirailleur stand out.

However, I would never aspire to dress like them, because that requires a level of charisma that I don't have
smile.gif

If I had to pick a role model that would be people like Vox, Manton, mafoofan, Edmorel or DocHolliday, but some of them are gone and those who aren't don't post pics anymore, so...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads