• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

favorite sandwich from childhood

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
i just put together my trusty childhood favorite, butter and salami on wheat. plain yet satisfying and brings back memories!!

what are some other people's childhood concoctions?

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
What a boring-ass sammie. Not really a sandwich, but Dearest Mother used to make me a slice of wheat toast with bananas on top. There are also Granny's tuna melts but I can still get those at the drop of a hat because the Connegram loves the Connegrandson.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have many favorites from childhood. I still make them.

Tuna salad, salami with cream cheese, ham with mustard, leberwurst or braunschweiger with some spicy mustard, etc.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
Peanut butter and pickles.

Grilled cheese with cheese on top.

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Peanut butter and honey. On white bread.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My dad made great sloppy joe's.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My mom used to make croque-monsieur (grilled swiss and ham) for us every Wednesday for lunch.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that from my post, I am the whitest person here. Conne is probably going to say something like "Mayonnaise, Captain Crunch, and Lobster" just to prove me wrong... but seriously...

Maybe its just the poor thing.

My family had food bank food. Nutella was not on the menu. We didn't have lunchmeat either. We did have "potted meat product" but I thought that made crappy sandwiches and used that in scrambled eggs instead.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

Grilled cheese with cheese on top.

That's my kind of sandwich. Throw a few slices of bacon on there and you're really talking.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
That's my kind of sandwich. Throw a few slices of bacon on there and you're really talking.

These days, I don't eat much bread (at home). But as Ive previously mentioned, I'll throw a handfull of cheese and bacon into a tortilla and eat the crap out of it.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
i just put together my trusty childhood favorite, butter and salami on wheat. plain yet satisfying and brings back memories!!

what are some other people's childhood concoctions?

Ham + cheese + mustard + barbecue chips

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vienna sausages, butterflied (although they always split apart) and fried. Served with brown mustard on white bread. One can made 2 sandwiches perfectly.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
My mom used to make croque-monsieur (grilled swiss and ham) for us every Wednesday for lunch.

+1

In college I would take any simulated pork cold cut, fry it and put it between two slices of white bread. The grease from the fried cold cuts would drench the bread and it tasted like heaven.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40