• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite purchase(s) of 2006

yellman

Reaction score
I have 3 of them. In order:

My off white, cucinelli small wale coruroy pants with leather trim on the back zippers. Retails for $350, purchased for $70 from NMLC.

Brion grey pinstripe suit. 3 button with medium grey suit with a slight lighter grey pinstripe. Retails for $3995 purchased for $400 from off saks.

Allen edmund brown bulchers. Nice, simple, medium brown. retails for $200ish, purchased for $25 from marshalls.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#1: Green - Barbour Beaufort(sp) Coat. The greatest jacket I have ever owned out of over 39 different kinds and materials. It goes anywhere , fits me perfectly and has all the pockets in the perfect places.

#2: RLPL Grey Flannel Suit - My favorite color and went everywhere over this earth with me. It served me in many business meetings here and abroad and at wedding's for many different cultures and was great since I don't like to pack a lot of items.

#3: CJ Jodhpur(sp) suede boots - Goes with all sportcoats and other casual items and I can walk for miles in them and they are as comfortable as any running shoe. I own

Runnerup are Isaia sportcoats which was my new love of the year.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
fave purchase = tie between Fred Perry navy/red/white cricket sweater or Paul Smith 'british collection' chukka boot

lots of other faves, just for their practical daily value like certain Fred Perry and Ben Sherman buttondowns...Levis cap E jeans....and my other Paul Smith shoes/boots because they are all exactly what I needed

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally taking the bespoke plunge: all of the custom stuff (suit and shirts) I've received are so much better than RTW in fit and quality that it's almost inconceivable to go back to RTW for anything but the most casual clothes.

--Andre

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
id have to say my paul smith starr brogues in blue and red wine suede

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) RLPL camden by EG
2) C&J Weymouth
3) Finally getting around to having my belvest suited altered by Will Field.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RM Williams Stockman jodphur
Breil leather/steel bracelet

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YELLMAN, GOTTA SEE THAT BRIONI SUIT-- WOW, YOU GOT A KILLER BARGAIN ON THAT ONE!!!! PHOTOS, PLEASE!!

2006 was a one time, no holds barred, sartorial blowout for me. However, i won't see a few of these items until spring 2007!!

+ Brioni MTM Bergdorf Goodman model, 3 button navy suit, with french blue pinstripes set 1/2" apart. Pleated trousers, suspender buttons, longer rise seat. After trying on the suit in April 07, I'm supposed to send the jacket in for functional sleeve buttons. There is an italian woman BG Men hired for sleeve buttonholes, as she is supposed to be one of the best!

+ John Lobb Sutton shoes, in Parisian brown. Saw these last week, they are great!

+ Oxxford Radcliff MTM navy suit, Radcliff model two button, FF trousers. Currently getting functional sleeve buttons, trouser length alterations, and slight jacket button alterations at the flagship store!

+ 2 Kiton ties, slightly narrow cuts and simple woven patterns.

+ Hopefully, I can bring myself to pull the trigger on an Isaia tan suit from Saks-- three button, ff trousers, light blue silk lining. Need it for my 2007 move to a new job, hopefully to North Carolina!

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Oxford Grey Sterlingwear would have to be my favorite, followed by a sort of camel color thing-wale cord jacket from Flippa K.

knowsnothin

Reaction score
Isaia 100% Cashmere sportcoat, black, from Off-5th @ $250, minus $10 for "gas" coupon, came to $240. Original price, $2,595.

Tibo

Reaction score
EG Russell on the 82 last. My first pair of EGs. Can't stop loving them.

Ed13

Reaction score
My favorite purchase was a topcoat I had made. After looking for 3 years I gave up on RTW. Coat is double breasted 6x3, Holland & Sherry dark grey and darker grey herringbone and has a mid calf length.

The only problem has been the unseasonally warm weather we have had in Toronto this winter. I haven't had a chance to wear the coat yet.

CaptChaos

Reaction score
EG Dovers in dark oak with a single sole on the 32 last.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiton sportcoat, linen, salmon, and the weather in Monaco that day.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dark, mixed-blue, 90 cashmere/10 goat hair borrelli jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads