• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite protein supplement? Isopure?

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Optimum baby. Cheap, mixes easy and tastes good. All other stuff is over priced. Muscle milk is good if you only have water, but if you have real milk use ON.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a custom mix from trueprotein. 75% Milk Protein Isolate and 25% Egg white protein, with the premium cookie dough flavor and vitamins/aminogen thrown in for the heck of it. I really hope it doesn't come out undrinkable sludge
frown.gif

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ended up getting another 7 lb. jug of Isopure... although I think I am going to order a small tub of allthewhey to try it out.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys:

if you are buying from True Protein then here's my discount code: ebulner. It will save you 5%.

Originally Posted by robertorex
Just ordered a custom mix from trueprotein. 75% Milk Protein Isolate and 25% Egg white protein, with the premium cookie dough flavor and vitamins/aminogen thrown in for the heck of it. I really hope it doesn't come out undrinkable sludge
frown.gif

^^^
When are you using this blend?

I use the Teamskip blend during the day and before bed (added fat) and PeptoPro (+waxy maize) postworkout.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
I just ended up getting another 7 lb. jug of Isopure... although I think I am going to order a small tub of allthewhey to try it out.
Let us know when you've tried the allthewhey, so you can give a review since you've also used Isopure and ON Whey. Edit: Dang I'm tempted to try some.... on sale at http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/al...allthewhey.htm Less than $.50/serving

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FWIW, I think ON Chocolate Mint tastes 500% better than Isopure. I have used both for 3+ years each.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up some Labrada Lean Body shakes at GNC as an alternative to Muscle Milk. 40 g protein (milk / whey / cassein), 260 cal, 9 g fat, 9 g carbs so it does look cleaner. Taste seems very good and it goes down well. Not cheap. Anyone have experience with this stuff?

caphill

Reaction score
I used ON for years, but I've switched to Dymatize Elite Whey. It mixes very easily and the Cafe Mocha is much tastier than the ON.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eckblk
Guys:

if you are buying from True Protein then here's my discount code: ebulner. It will save you 5%.

^^^
When are you using this blend?

I use the Teamskip blend during the day and before bed (added fat) and PeptoPro (+waxy maize) postworkout.

eckblk,

I bought it to use as an all-purpose blend. I don't really like to overthink my protein beyond the fact that I get it, I just want to have one protein supp I can take anytime of day, pre and post workout. I know that the blend I put together is on the slow side, but I wanted it to be something I could take first thing in the morning to keep me full and at the end of the day as well to kill any residual hunger.

teamskip with its 1/3 whey, 1/3 casein and 1/3 egg split appealed to me at first, but then I realized that since the milk protein isolate contained whey as well, I could use that and throw in a little egg for a slightly cheaper alternative.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just got my first tub of all the whey, I'm loving it

IrishDan

Reaction score
I have used ON Pro-Complex for a while now, but it would be nice if they made it in more flavours.

On a side note, someone gave me the magic bullet blender for christmas like 2 years ago, and it is perfect for giving the shakes a quick mix. (...which is the only thing I have ever used it for.)

Jay_1989

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
ON Whey is great. A close second is *****.
lmao! how did this go unnoticed?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads