• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite protein supplement? Isopure?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started out years ago using ON 100% whey (good quality and cheap but gives the ***** and stomach feels weird), then went to Muscle Milk (tasted great but fat content is off the charts, not clean at all), and for the past 1.5 years I have been using Isopure (awesome flavor, very high quality, no *****, 0 carb 0 fat, 45 grams whey isolate, very expensive).

Just finished my last 7 lb. tub of Isopure and before buying another just wanted to see what other peole prefer and why? I have heard good things about something called Nectar but outside of that not much else... Isopure mixed with some PB for some carbs seems like a great pwo shake.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use metabolic drive for regular shakes and surge for post work out. Maybe i should try isopure for regular shakes. Looks like its a bit cheaper than metabolic drive. What flavor tastes the best?

PolePosition

Reaction score
I'm on Muscle Milk right now. Like you said, it tastes great lol. I also use Optimum Nutrition whey because its pretty much just straight protein, low fat, low cholesterol, and is very very cheap. I wanted to try the Isopure but it is just so dang expensive.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
I use metabolic drive for regular shakes and surge for post work out. Maybe i should try isopure for regular shakes. Looks like its a bit cheaper than metabolic drive. What flavor tastes the best?

In all honesty they all taste great IMO, I have yet to try strawberry so I would prob. stay away from that but the choc and van are both great (especially thrown in the blender with some frozen fruit). Then you have your fruit flavors like fruit punch, apple, grape, etc. which are all awesome because they are gatoradish in flvor and consitency, a nice change from the usually milky thick shakes.

Originally Posted by PolePosition
I'm on Muscle Milk right now. Like you said, it tastes great lol. I also use Optimum Nutrition whey because its pretty much just straight protein, low fat, low cholesterol, and is very very cheap. I wanted to try the Isopure but it is just so dang expensive.

ON was great but like I said before it totally fucked with my digestive system, I weathered it for a few years but after tryin Iso and not having the same problems I never went back.

The worst I would have to say I ever tried was GNC cookies and cream, it tasted like ****, gave me cramps, and the choles. was the highest I have ever seen in a protien supp. I ended up tossing the **** after it sat on my shlef for 6 months

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i use the eas 100% whey and have been really happy with it. i bought it because it was cheap but it tastes great and i've had zero stomach problems from it. also made good gains with it so far.

Deluks917

Reaction score
I've V-dieted on 5 scoops ON Whey and 5 Scoops ON Casein without any problems. Maybe I'm just young so it doesn't bug me.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i forgot to add that the eas is available 5lb for $30 which made it especially attractive for me.

wraith

Reaction score
TrueProtein rocks as long as you know what you're getting into. I ordered 16 pounds of milk protein isolate and, aside from the lousy flavor choice I made(which still isn't that bad), couldn't be happier. I'll probably use TP from here on out.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
i use the eas 100% whey and have been really happy with it. i bought it because it was cheap but it tastes great and i've had zero stomach problems from it. also made good gains with it so far.

Originally Posted by js4design
i forgot to add that the eas is available 5lb for $30 which made it especially attractive for me.

I've been using that stuff for a good while now. Next purchase I'll be off it though - too much variety and besides EAS 100% is notorious for its very high cholestoral.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get the protein blend from All The Whey (www.alllthewhey.com). The cinnamon bun flavor is really good.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ON Whey is great. A close second is *****.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've used ON in the past (rocky road tastes AWFUL, double chocolate and chocolate mint are great). Been using Nitrean from At Large Nutrition for a while now. Doesn't taste as good as ON, but not bad. It's a whey/casein/egg mix instead of straight whey, which I suspect is part of the reason it doesn't taste as good. Whether that makes it any more effective, I couldn't say.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't stand ON anymore. I think it tastes like crap compared to muscle milk or metabolic drive. But its a great value and works fine.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Allthewhey's Lean&Fit. They market it as a meal replacement shake for weight loss, but it's low enough in calories that is works really well for a general purpose shake. It has a blend of micellar casein and whey isolate, five grams of fiber, vitamins and minerals in every serving, no fat and barely any carbs. It strikes me as something that'd also be great for this Vdiet thing everyone's talking about. Anyone else use it?

Might I add it's also cheap ($36 for 5 lbs/60 servings) and tastes great!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads