• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite pizza

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gimme a holler...
fing02[1].gif

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
There used to be that place downtown that served pastrami burritos; I'm sure the meat was crappy but they sure filled you up.

Aw, Kosher Burrito. *memories*

I think another burger stand in the area (IIRC, owned by relatives of the Kosher Burrito people) picked up the recipe after they closed, but never figured out where it was. I'm sure they are gone as well, by now.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
This is a pizza as it is supposed to be made:
pizzasg4.jpg
Actually, if we're being picky, it would be better with a little more cheese. Not as much as the one across from mine, which was a doppio. If you split the difference between the two pies, I think they would both be perfect. Antica pizza da Michele, Napoli €3,50 for a margherita But be ready to stand in line. At 9 pm there were 50 people outside the door, so I went around the corner and ate at Trianone da Ciro, which was also exemplary. By 11 pm the line was down to 20. I went for lunch on Monday; only 15 people ahead of me at 2 pm.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Two words: **** Yes.

http://www.vitopizza.com/

LA's best NYC-style pizza is back. Vito's used to be across from LACC on Vermont up until '01-02' when it closed for remodeling, got stuck in the middle of a tennant dispute with the landlord and the city, and was in limbo for what has felt like an eternity.

While I haven't been to their new location since it reopened a few weeks back, the reviews I'm reading from ex-faithfuls makes me think it's legit. I'll say it once: your life is not complete without a slice of White Pie.

I'll update with a report when I eat there next week.

Two words: Don`t go!

I don`t want to have to wait in line for my favorite pizza after everyone starts catching on to this place.
devil.gif

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
This is a pizza as it is supposed to be made:
pizzasg4.jpg

Actually, if we're being picky, it would be better with a little more cheese. Not as much as the one across from mine, which was a doppio. If you split the difference between the two pies, I think they would both be perfect.

Antica pizza da Michele, Napoli
€3,50 for a margherita
But be ready to stand in line. At 9 pm there were 50 people outside the door, so I went around the corner and ate at Trianone da Ciro, which was also exemplary. By 11 pm the line was down to 20. I went for lunch on Monday; only 15 people ahead of me at 2 pm.

drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

Thanks a lot -- we're having beans and rice for dinner....
musicboohoo[1].gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Surprisingly ebough Tommaso's in San Francisco still has some of the best pizza in town. It is not Naples, but we went there last night and it was damn good.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
my favorite pizza is at Bafetto in rome - simply amazing - here's a pic of my gf enjoying their house special - notice the egg in the middle

280223694_10477eb00c_m.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i use garlic naan to make pizzas at home. You would be shocked to see how close this is to NY style thin crust. PS I have been to difaras, grimaldis, etc and I definitely like it better at home.

garlic naan
home prepped sauce (from canned tomatoes)
fresh basil (from my dinky herb garden)
mozarella

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
i use garlic naan to make pizzas at home. You would be shocked to see how close this is to NY style thin crust. PS I have been to difaras, grimaldis, etc and I definitely like it better at home.

garlic naan
home prepped sauce (from canned tomatoes)
fresh basil (from my dinky herb garden)
mozarella

that sounds delicious.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like white pizza with grilled chicken, brocoli, and fresh garlic

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I am not much of a pizza afficianado, and I am not much for trying new things usually. But I really like yia-yia's in Lincoln, NE. Its right down town, and it could just be the atmosphere but I really enjoy what they have to offer.

robbie

Young Scrappy

Reaction score
Lombardi's in Philadelphia.

Interestingly to note, the word za short for pizza was recently added \\Scrabble dictionary.

peflnoek

Reaction score
Although this may be contrary to the spirit of this thread by merit of being untraditional, I have to recommend to all the Pasadena-area people Zelo Pizza in Arcadia (328 E. Foothill Blvd, Arcadia, CA. (626)358-8298, Tuesday – Saturday 11:30 AM – 9 PM). Start with the beet salad and split half a pizza with a friend... I dig the corn pizza (a regular item) and most of the specials are pretty good. They do cornmeal crust deep-dish pizza, but they do it very well. Here's a link to a Jonathan Gold review: http://www.laweekly.com/eat+drink/co...the-deep/8740/

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Young Scrappy
Lombardi's in Philadelphia.

Interestingly to note, the word za short for pizza was recently added \\Scrabble dictionary.

Lombardi's
confused.gif
? Sounds familiar...Where is it?

I have found memories of Mara's (white pie w/ roasted peppers & Pepperoni) on Passyunk(?), and of course the (in)famous Taconnelli's in the NE

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads